Which scent gets you the most compliments? Pt.2

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Getting my food from a poke spot, I enter the store and someone whispers, smells nice in here!

Rose 31 got its first compliment

FISS80

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 4, 2011
Haha oh wow. My first time wearing Le Male Eau Fraiche (Andre edition) to work. 3 sprays - 1 under shirt to left side torso, 1 on each forearm.
One of the ladies in the office was walking and said "something smells good in here". Then came around my area and asked if it's my cologne. It was. I asked her what she's smelling, and she literally (not joking!) even said 'fresh'.

I do like this one. It smells like a lighter Le Male mixed with a fabric softener sheet or something.

Maybe it's stronger than I realized! Perhaps 2 sprays next time?

Your description of the scent is spot on. It smells so good! I wore it one day and my son really like it so I gave him my Superman version. You've inspired me to make it my SOTD tomorrow!

thespark

Dec 16, 2011
These are the ones I've received the most compliments on, in no particular order:

MFK Aqua Universalis
MFK Gentle Fluidity Silver
Xerjoff Mefisto
Creed Royal Mayfair
Creed Millesime Imperial '11
Guerlain Tonka Imperiale
Guerlain L'Homme Ideal EDP
Acqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi
Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio (the original)

ToughCool

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
I know family doesn’t count to many but they never really compliment me randomly or unknowingly so I was wearing a sample of Escentric Molecule 01 yesterday and my daughter was in the room talking to my wife and said “what smells so good in here” and then walked over to me and smelled me and said “oh it’s you.”

Gerard_Butler

Nov 25, 2011
Guerlain Vetiver. Not the flashiest or the most attention grabbing scent by any stretch but from my collection of 50+ bottles it is somehow the one that garners the most positive attention.

sailorcut

Nov 7, 2017
Even with the release of the newer Parfum version, the EDP is still the best-smelling cologne of the Dior Sauvage lineup.

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Walked into a coffee shop and over to the counter. Barista says you smell great! What can I get you? She was wearing a mask so I was surprised to hear that.

2 Shots of magnetic cap of Amouage Reflection man to the chest. I need to wear this one more

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Walked into a coffee shop and over to the counter. Barista says you smell great! What can I get you? She was wearing a mask so I was surprised to hear that.

2 Shots of magnetic cap of Amouage Reflection man to the chest. I need to wear this one more

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

cadenz

Apr 14, 2011
"Your cologne smells very nice" said a young lady checking me out of the dental office. I painfully managed a weak but appreciative "Thank you." I figured Chrome Extreme would be unobtrusive yet it still did its job!

manatee

Nov 19, 2011
Got the first compliment ever from a girl who works at a local coffee shop that I've frequented for a couple of years now. Throughout that time I've worn a number of my favorites -- He Wood Silver Wind Wood, Prada Luna Rossa Black, Fahrenheit Absolute, Bulgari Extreme, Eau Des Baux... never so much as a peep from her.

The thing that finally got a compliment? Nautica Voyage. Go figure.

ToughCool

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
Today I went to see my Mom at her memory care facility..she’s on the back end of Alzheimers unfortunately. As I was signing in one of the nurses walked up and said “there can be only one person that is smelling that good. That has to be you.”

Gucci Guilty EDP

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
Today I went to see my Mom at her memory care facility..she’s on the back end of Alzheimers unfortunately. As I was signing in one of the nurses walked up and said “there can be only one person that is smelling that good. That has to be you.”

Gucci Guilty EDP

I'm sorry you're going through that. I'm glad that Gucci is working for you. It didn't click for me, but everyone has different chemistry.

ToughCool

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
I'm sorry you're going through that. I'm glad that Gucci is working for you. It didn't click for me, but everyone has different chemistry.

Thanks Chuck. Really appreciate it. It’s been going on for years but last couple have been brutal.

Believe me I’m as surprised as anyone. I thought this would be a “one and done” scent. My wife and kids pick good stuff but I thought this wasn’t up my alley. Surprisingly has really clicked. Like you said everyone’s different. Just glad the family enjoys it too

DEMON

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2010
Pre De Provence 63. For less than $30 I get more compliments wearing this than anything else in my wardrobe

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
So maybe Guerlain Cuir Beluga is stronger than people have been led to believe? First time wearing from my bottle, only had sample(s) before I think.

Had a coworker come back into the office and said she could smell it by the door... I applied it around 6:10 AM and she commented at 11:20 AM or so, so roughly 5 hours.

I did roughly 5 - 5.5 sprays (with 2 - 2.5 of them under clothes to torso) as I kind of assumed it would be a closer to the body type of scent.. I guess not? lol. Lesson learned?

bigtyivier2k2

May 7, 2011
Was walking around today when a motorcycle approached me with a couple on it. They stopped and said ‘you walked by 20 minutes ago as we were eating and my girlfriend was dying to know what cologne you are wearing as it smells soooo good she wants a bottle for me’ I was wearing Mancera Instant Crush

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Amyris has a chocolate note?

Definitely! In the mids-dry down I get a nice clean sweet chocolate note. The dry down is also where I've gotten a few compliments.I wish the chocolate was a bit stronger in this one though but its there and its apparently very noticeable in the sillage

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Was walking around today when a motorcycle approached me with a couple on it. They stopped and said ‘you walked by 20 minutes ago as we were eating and my girlfriend was dying to know what cologne you are wearing as it smells soooo good she wants a bottle for me’ I was wearing Mancera Instant Crush

Great scent. Definitely seems like it would be a compliment magnet, especially on a woman. A little goes a long way!

sunny5011

Jun 24, 2009
Hung out with a friend at beach, got in the car to head back and heard "I just got a big whiff of that, whatever you're wearing smelling so good!"

Two shots of GIT 11U01 batch to the chest.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Two unsolicited compliments at the weekend:

- First one was for Creed Viking Cologne which I had applied a few hours before (say 3?).

- Second was for a good dose of Chanel Platinum Egoiste - more than 10 hours after I applied - I couldn't smell it by this time but others clearly could. Current bottle.

speedracer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 12, 2015
Got one yesterday unsolicited. Mother in law was asking who smelled good at our outdoor Memorial Day cookout. Interestingly, she asked and smelled some of the ladies to see if it was them first before realizing it would be me. Prada L'Homme L'Eau.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilger_18

May 20, 2017
Entered my clients condo. 3 seconds upon entering her door., I got complimented right away and shes 3 feet away.BR 540 Extrait.

Last edited:

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
Aside from the obvious Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel that I get outrageous responses from the girls I'm dating. The one that surprised me was Molecule 01. I would get consistent compliments from girls I'm not dating. The comments are always something smells so good, fresh, clean. One asked if I just got out of the shower because I smell so fresh and clean, despite not showering for 24+ hours that day, and being a greaseball, when she gave me that compliment.

wilger_18

May 20, 2017
So I recently just told my compliment story 2 posts up but I have to tell another one right away. Ive gotten another compliment again with my BR 540 extrait. Went into the bank 30 mins after application, my cousin (bank manager) was able to tell I was there because she could already smell me from the second floor ( i was downstairs) where she is having her lunch. Yup, the second floor !!!������. 5 hours past, went to starbucks, the moment I arrive at the counter, not 2 seconds have passed, the barista said I smell good. The barista wearing mask and being behind the protective plastic barrier ( for covid thing). Now Im truly amazed. I used to be a skeptic before when I was still reading stories about baccarat rouge extrait on how it garners compliment all day. Now Im a believer. Worth it. I also could detect the extrait better than the EDP that I also have as well. Guess ill be buying it on a regular.������

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
So I recently just told my compliment story 2 posts up but I have to tell another one right away. Ive gotten another compliment again with my BR 540 extrait. Went into the bank 30 mins after application, my cousin (bank manager) was able to tell I was there because she could already smell me from the second floor ( i was downstairs) where she is having her lunch. Yup, the second floor !!!������. 5 hours past, went to starbucks, the moment I arrive at the counter, not 2 seconds have passed, the barista said I smell good. The barista wearing mask and being behind the protective plastic barrier ( for covid thing). Now Im truly amazed. I used to be a skeptic before when I was still reading stories about baccarat rouge extrait on how it garners compliment all day. Now Im a believer. Worth it. I also could detect the extrait better than the EDP that I also have as well. Guess ill be buying it on a regular.������

Nice! How many sprays did you go with?

wilger_18

May 20, 2017
Nice! How many sprays did you go with?

3 sprays. One on each inner elbow then one on back of the neck. The perfume has been with me for just 5 days so Im still experimeting on spray count. Will try just 2 sprays tomorrow (on 2 inner elbow and skipping the back of the neck ) then observe. Ill do my best to make my 70 ml last bacause its too expensive to finish up quickly. Do you own the extrait as well? have a story? thanks

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
3 sprays. One on each inner elbow then one on back of the neck. The perfume has been with me for just 5 days so Im still experimeting on spray count. Will try just 2 sprays tomorrow (on 2 inner elbow and skipping the back of the neck ) then observe. Ill do my best to make my 70 ml last bacause its too expensive to finish up quickly. Do you own the extrait as well? have a story? thanks

No, I do not own it, but I've tried it and enjoyed it. I'm surprised that 3 sprays got you noticed as much as it did!

Latest News