Which perfumes do you find most addictive?

ToughCool

More Cool Than Tough
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
I’m just going on recent months or this year

Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP
Versace Eros Parfum
Loewe Esencia PH EDP

These 3 I’ve gone through spurts where it’s all I wear and I love it. Recently the Chanel PM is basically what a want daily after a splash of Clubman Pinaud(thanks to fellow BNers for that combo). I got the Loewe this Summer in Barcelona and though it’s an Aventus clone, I find it much more wearable.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
There are a few fragrances I own that, once I put them on, get their hooks in me somehow:

Rasasi Oudh Al Boruzz Abeer Malaysia - This is maybe the closest I've come to finding a fragrance that fully lives up to my idea of sophisticated opulence. It just smells deeply, profoundly rich in a way I find irresistible.

Tom Ford Noir EDP - I came back to this one after many years and instantly felt a profound kinship with it. This was surprising, since I don't enjoy the primary fragrance it's paying homage to (Habit Rouge) very much at all. Still, this feels like me.

Villoresi Ambra - What a stunner this is! Every time I wear it, I'm delighted with the journey it takes me on, from the galbanum and ambergris opening to the incense and labdanum mid to the dry amber accord that finally emerges in its base.

NettyYeti

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 28, 2016
Modern barbershop fragrances do it for me. Two standouts are Tom Ford’s Beau du Jour and Penhaligon’s Sartorial. I could wear these all the time and never tire of them.

There are also a few fragrances that I don’t wear often but often impulsively smell the cap as I peruse my collection. These are typically classics. Polo Green, Fahrenheit, and Equipage come to mind. The smell just kind of sticks with you. It’s ritualistic, addictive even.

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Most of the current wardrobe shown anyway, including the majority of "tested" section.
But if having to be more specific, would say specifically something like Akkad by Lubin- though both on the sweeter and heavier, nuclear performance side, could still imagine this one as addictive enough to remain fascinating on a daily basis.

baklavaRuzh

Sep 3, 2022
When I think about the most 'addicting' fragrances in my collection, it's not necessarily the most wearable. I think about the ones that I can't get enough of, that I can't stop smelling, addictive and intoxicating. Not always the most office appropriate.

From my collection that would be:

Oud satin mood
Psychedelic love

Maybe ambre narguilé, intense cafe, k'bridge club and Fenicia, even shalimar. They are sweet, powdery and ...mysterious ?

CharonLRdraws

Ledi Perehodov Arts
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2022
Vanilla Diorama (Dior)
Eden-Roc (Dior)
Lucky (Dior)
Rouge Trafalgar (Dior)
Poison Girl EDT (Dior)
Le Male Le Parfum (JPG)
Le Beau (JPG)
Le Belle (JPG)
Scandal Pour Homme (JPG)
Libre EDP (YSL)
Libre Intense (YSL)
Idole Aura (Lancome)
Hypnose (Lancome)
La Vie est Belle EDT Florale (Lancome)
Day Dreams (Montale)
Nomade EDP (Chloe)
Nomade EDT (Chloe)
Flowerbomb (Victor&Rolf)
Flowerbomb Bloom (Victor&Rolf)
Flowerbomb Dew (Victor&Rolf)
Flowerbomb Nectar (Victor&Rolf)
Chance EDP (Chanel)
Coco Mademoiselle EDP (Chanel)
Coco Mademoiselle Intense (Chanel)
Prada L'Homme (Prada)

Last edited:

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
Hmm,

Old Spice
4711/Neroli Portofino
Bois du Portugal
Bois d'Orage/French Lover
(in the Fall and Spring in the mild temps it's one of the best, if not the best)
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum (I'll officially call it. I'm in love with this stuff. I wear it a LOT.)
Bracken man
Nautica Voyage
(until I wore it out it was heavily used by me)
Dior Sauvage

sagebrush

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 20, 2017
CdG Black; Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo - very wearable, very moreish. In cooler weather.
Guerlain Vetiver - likewise, in warmer weather; and once I get on a roll with it, Bottega Veneta pH EdT
Could wear these for a week or longer.

SOTN : Perfume Authentic 1951. Strange that a clone - allegedly of Amouage Opus V - should be so addictive.
I'm sure there are better quality scents that have similar effect, but this is sufficient, given that I hope to be asleep most of the time.
It lingers most pleasantly on duvet, and for ever on wool blankets.

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021
This happens to me at random where I'll just get a craving for a particular scent. Usually fades over time, and it'll shift to something else. But it's always a bit unexpected when it happens! Some recent ones:
  • Aramis cologne
  • Cabochard EDP (2019)
  • Azzaro Pour Homme
  • Guerlain Vetiver
  • Egoiste
  • Declaration Essence
  • Cacharel pour l'Homme
  • CdG Black
  • Serge Lutens Vetiver Oriental

Jul 24, 2022
I'm talking about perfumes that you find addictive in the sense that you can wear it for weeks, and not get bored of it. The more you wear it the more you want to wear it.
Curious to hear your thoughts.
There's only one fragrance that can do this for me, and that's Bleu De Chanel EDP. There may be others. I never wear a fragrance more than two days in a row, because if I do, then my nose gets used to it and I go anosmic. Then I can't smell my fragrance and I have to fight the urge to overspray to smell what I have on

Nov 12, 2017
I'm talking about perfumes that you find addictive in the sense that you can wear it for weeks, and not get bored of it. The more you wear it the more you want to wear it.
Curious to hear your thoughts.
DRAKKAR GOLD — the ORIGINAL. I was devastated when I finished my last bottle only to discover that it had been canned by profit-chasing know-it-all AdSales cretins. Its replacement, «noir», is a cheap-smelling chemical concoction. IF the GOLD were still available I'd have a magnum bottle and would have few if any other fragrances on the shelf. Currently wearing Chanel Pour Monsieur, which, for me, is a close second. Occasionally I get a «whiff» of something else delicious but have always been wary of asking the wearer what it is.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...