Which Nicolai fragrances would be in your collection?

ZhangFan

Sep 9, 2018
Hello everyone, Zhang Fan here with another question. I am wondering which Nicolai fragrances are worth collecting. Here is what I have so far:

New-York Intense
Odalisque
Sacrebleu Intense

And here is what I am considering:

Kiss Me Intense
Musc Intense
Number One Intense
Patchouli Intense

Ambre Cashmere Intense
Baikal Leather Intense
Cuir Cuba Intense
Violette in Love

I found many popular ones here, but it seems I cannot find them in China. So I mostly think about the newest ones.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
From your list:

Musc Intense
Number One Intense
Patchouli Intense
Ambre Cashmere Intense
Baikal Leather Intense
Cuir Cuba Intense

For me, I already have all the masculine and unisex releases from the house in my collection.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
In your list:

Cuir Cuba Intense. And that's pretty much it for me.

Off your list:

Vie de Chateau Intense
Cologne Sologne
Vetyver
Amber Oud

And that's pretty much it also.

I own Incense Oud, but find it too cypriol-heavy. Might resell at some point.
I find Patchouli Intense and New York Intense overhyped.

Last edited:

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
Hello everyone, Zhang Fan here with another question. I am wondering which Nicolai fragrances are worth collecting. Here is what I have so far:

New-York Intense
Odalisque
Sacrebleu Intense

And here is what I am considering:

Kiss Me Intense
Musc Intense
Number One Intense
Patchouli Intense

Ambre Cashmere Intense
Baikal Leather Intense
Cuir Cuba Intense
Violette in Love

I found many popular ones here, but it seems I cannot find them in China. So I mostly think about the newest ones.

I'd suggest Patchouli Intense and Cuir Cuba Intense.

ZhangFan

Sep 9, 2018
From your list:

Musc Intense
Number One Intense
Patchouli Intense
Ambre Cashmere Intense
Baikal Leather Intense
Cuir Cuba Intense

For me, I already have all the masculine and unisex releases from the house in my collection.

Thank you! Do you think Number One Intense is similar to Boucheron?

Mark.B

Aug 31, 2020
Patchouli intense is a heavy patchouli scent, you gotta like patchouli or stay clear.
Cuir Cuba intense has a deceptive name - it would suggest leather and tobacco and rum - but it is full of aniseed top notes and i get no leather at all.
New york intense is fantastic, but dont overlook the original new york, it is in its own way a more delightful version.

The house has a definite feel, so if you like a few you will probably like a lot of them

Mar 14, 2020
I'm just sampling Bois Belize now, it's wonderful.

First testing I'm getting a guaiac wood monster, with some twists in the opening. The opening is quite floral, and I almost thought that I'd be giving the rest of the sample to my wife, but it rapidly shifted to bring the woods in. Opening Osmanthus, then Rose and Tea come in, the rose fades and Guaiac Wood starts dominating with the tea, finally the tea drops and musks pop in and out.

The overall impression is the smell of walking in to a good perfume shop, or the smell of a test strip after it's been sitting a bit. I really like it personally. Squarely unisex in the best way, I can see it making a man smell manly and a woman womanly.

Strength and silage are massive, one spray from the sample bottle is filling the room.

Edit: Getting deeper into the dry down, it's becoming all about the vetiver and tea, and perhaps a bit less interesting to my nose.

Last edited:

ZhangFan

Sep 9, 2018
I chose Number One Intense, because I found a very reasonable price. Do you think it is a good choice to buy New York, although I have New York Intense?

Latest News