Which Is Your Favourite Out Of These Vintage Diors ?

Your Favourite Vintage Out Of These Three ?

• Diorella

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Diorama

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Diorissimo

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
A year ago I would have answered Diorella, but in that time I've come around to the ample curvaceous charms of Diorama extrait. The answer would have been different if you had included Dior-Dior.

And I do think you erred in also omitting Miss Dior, which is many vintage hounds' favorite old Dior of all time.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
Hard to choose... In the end I went with diorissimo. Vintage parfum is just magical, a run through a flower field in the spring. But Diorella is also a masterpiece. Unfortunately I have not smelled good vintage Diorama, so I cannot say. Plus, I understand Diorama has shifted a lot over time.

It goes without saying, the current versions of the above are simply not up to par. The other two seem to have been changed so much that I may even be inclined to prefer Diorama...

cacio

Anastasia Beaverhausen

Sep 13, 2016
A year ago I would have answered Diorella, but in that time I've come around to the ample curvaceous charms of Diorama extrait. The answer would have been different if you had included Dior-Dior.

And I do think you erred in also omitting Miss Dior, which is many vintage hounds' favorite old Dior of all time.

Oh yes, Miss Dior would've got my vote all day long. :smiley:

I voted Diorissimo although it's not one I'm in the mood for often despite or maybe because of it's loveliness.

thediamondsea

Jan 10, 2016
Out of these three, I prefer Diorella. However, I'm with several of these folks ^^^ in that (1) I've never had the pleasure of smelling Diorama (in any form--yet), and (2) if vintage Miss Dior had been included, I would have chosen it. I enjoy my rare outings with Diorissimo, but I find it to be very specific, whereas Diorella is as comfortable as a pair of old jeans and can go anywhere, anytime.

Oriane

Jan 15, 2015
I only know Miss Dior and Diorissimo, so I do not feel qualified to vote. Sorry. Of the two I do know, I am partial to Miss Dior.

david

Jun 7, 2005
Thanks everyone for your posts.
I deliberately did not include Miss Dior because of it's status and fame, although I know that Diorissimo is also well known, probably as one of the textbook "Lily-of-the-Valley" perfumes.
I nearly included Dioressence and would be curious to know your views on this one ?

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I know the three in the poll. After some thought, I voted Diorella. I also like the other two, especially Diorama.

Oriane

Jan 15, 2015
Thanks everyone for your posts.
I deliberately did not include Miss Dior because of it's status and fame, although I know that Diorissimo is also well known, probably as one of the textbook "Lily-of-the-Valley" perfumes.
I nearly included Dioressence and would be curious to know your views on this one ?

I have vintage Dioressence EdT. It is definitely a fragrance of its time---a classic chypre and an oak moss bomb.

ErinK

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 6, 2013
This was a tough one. I've never smelled Diorama, so I was choosing between Diorissimo and Diorella, both of which are potentially desert island scents for me.

I had to go with Diorissimo, with a caveat... I am weary of vintage Diorissimo because I have a 60s bottle that I think the top notes (and possibly base notes) have turned - they're sharp and almost metallic. I have read that this is a common thing for vintage Diorissimo - the top notes are unstable. My 80s/90s version is much smoother and I could happily wear it every day if I didn't have cabinet full of other scents....including vintage Diorella. :)

aquila_2009

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 16, 2014
Roudniska is unique,he can do magic masterfully mixing citrua notes with floral notes by female masterpiece as Diorella,Diorissima.
I love both of them as they are natural simplicity but totally i prefer Diorissimo.

Best Regards.

Latest News