Which is your favorite INexpensive "GUILTY pleasure" Fragrance that you'll admit to loving ?

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Hmm... there's an urge to just list stuff we've/I've bought inexpensively, but then again that feels kind of like cheating depending on what it is. Of course we know you can get A*Men, Versace L'Homme, and Encre Noire stuff for relatively inexpensive prices... but I don't feel these are 'guilty pleasures' as they're well known and have solid standings in the fragrance community.

I think it's better to mention stuff like... Cuba, Antonio Banderas, Thallium, Avon, etc.

For me, I'll go with (and maybe still 'cheating', but I don't see these mentioned as much in the community): Moshino Uomo?, and Burberry Brit for Him/Men. TL Pour Lui is good stuff too! .... and I do like Thallium, lol. Antonio Banderas The Golden Secret or whatever was good too.

_Nicolas_

Aug 16, 2021
I have too many to mention and not enough time ATM, so I'll just go with Lomani PH, love it despite the bottle appearing to be purposely designed to fall apart nowadays! :D it's just the most satisfying, masculine soapy fragrance out there and makes me feel ready to take on the world! Longevity is very poor recently too, unfortunately. :(

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
Re: Which is your favorite INexpensive "GUILTY pleasure" Fragrance that you'll admit to loving ?

Boucheron - Jaipur
EDT

30$

That's how my love of perfumes started, a few years ago.
It was overwhelming for me, chocking, monolithic, purple. :laugh:

A perfect cloud of oriental soapiness - Colin Maillard
I love these short and concise one-liners, which perfectly describes a fragrance.

128830157.boucheron-jaipur-homme-edp-100ml.jpg
I haven't worn JAIPUR for many years. I recall VERY much like JAIPUR! I'm also a fan of BOUCHERON PH.

SixCats!

ChuckW

Aug 21, 2001
Re: Which is your favorite INexpensive "GUILTY pleasure" Fragrance that you'll admit to loving ?

Boucheron - Jaipur
EDT

30$

That's how my love of perfumes started, a few years ago.
It was overwhelming for me, chocking, monolithic, purple. :laugh:

A perfect cloud of oriental soapiness - Colin Maillard
I love these short and concise one-liners, which perfectly describes a fragrance.

128830157.boucheron-jaipur-homme-edp-100ml.jpg

I still remember where I was the first time tried this. Weirdly enough, I’ll be there tomorrow. Love at first sniff.

perfumingandstuff

Mar 14, 2021
To Be by Police - mmmmm
Eua de Lacoste - Blue and the White one
Cool Water - doesn't perform very well though
Jaguar - Classic Black - in moderation
Cigar, by Remy Latour - like the opening, but after a while, meh. Becomes more floral to my nose. Still...like it.
True Star - Tommy Hilfiger - though, probably doesn't qualify anymore as a cheap one: discontinued and bottles are now fairly expensive on eBay. Though, I've seen a few cheaper ones around.
Parfum De Marly Carlise lol.

perfumingandstuff

Mar 14, 2021
Joop! Homme gets so much hate but I absolutely love it. The cough medicine vibe is a positive, to my nose. Not ashamed to admit loving any fragrance but I just picked that one because of how divisive it is.
I'm so glad that I have never smelled a cough medicine reminiscent of it. I still have an old bottle with a few mls in it and like to smell it every now and then. I just refrain from putting it on out of concern for others.

ScentSensei

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 21, 2020
Ok this is difficult since so much of my wardrobe is made up of the fragrances y'all are listing.
Drakkar Noir and Cool Water don't count since they are lifelong staples.

This is the second time I've listed this one as an answer for a topic this week PS FINE COLOGNE
But since I have a wardrobe full of cheapies: the entire Encre Noir line Havana, New West, and even Aspen(which I wore this morning)

Hugh V.

Dec 9, 2016
I had to change my list to apply to fragrance guilty pleasures that I love, not just like.

Curve for Men
It's a discounter staple, and I believe it's widely regarded now as a teenager, "starter" fragrance. That perception makes it feel like a guilty pleasure, as I feel it doesn't come across as too mature or sophisticated. But it's an amazing scent.
Grey Flannel
I still find it hard to believe this is such a challenging scent, but I'm aware of its rep so I feel at times like I'm committing a fragrance crime when wearing it out.
Drakkar Noir
Will forever be one of my all-time favorites, but I feel like it's a lothario-type of scent.

Latest News