Which is your favorite INexpensive "GUILTY pleasure" Fragrance that you'll admit to loving ?

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
Which is your favorite INexpensive "GUILTY pleasure" Fragrance that you'll admit to loving ?

Hi all,

I purposely used the word "Fragrance" so as to include Cologne/Perfume/Attar/Aftershave, etc.
I think this exercise is more difficult to answer than one might first think. That being said, I'd have to say, off the top of my Head, my favorite,
INexpensive "Guilty Pleasure" Fragrance is non other than : "PINAUD CLUBMAN LILAC VEGETAL AFTER SHAVE LOTION" (aka "The VEG").
"The VEG" to be sure is an acquired (if you will) taste as many People find this Aftershave repulsive. Me, I can't get enough of it! My only gripe is that it has short Legs. It is said that : "One does not chose The VEG, The VEG chooses you!" Thankfully, I have been chosen! "The VEG" is a sweet creation with fragrant notes of lilac with a floral accord, softened with a warm musk accord. Et toi ?

SixCats!

Emanuel76

Jun 16, 2018
Re: Which is your favorite INexpensive "GUILTY pleasure" Fragrance that you'll admit to loving ?

Boucheron - Jaipur EDT

30$

That's how my love of perfumes started, a few years ago.
It was overwhelming for me, chocking, monolithic, purple. :laugh:

A perfect cloud of oriental soapiness - Colin Maillard
I love these short and concise one-liners, which perfectly describes a fragrance.

128830157.boucheron-jaipur-homme-edp-100ml.jpg

Last edited:

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
Re: Which is your favorite INexpensive "GUILTY pleasure" Fragrance that you'll admit to loving ?

Eau de Gaga. Typically less than $20, a lovely violet-green tea, in a very elegant looking bottle.

Glad to hear you enjoy Eau de Gaga Dane.

SixCats!

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003

Boucheron - Jaipur EDT

30$

That's how my love of perfumes started, a few years ago.
It was overwhelming for me, chocking, monolithic, purple. :laugh:

A perfect cloud of oriental soapiness - Colin Maillard
I love these short and concise one-liners, which perfectly defines a fragrance.

128830157.boucheron-jaipur-homme-edp-100ml.jpg

Hi Emanuel, OUTSTANDING choice! In fact, I need to replace my (now gone) bottle of Jaipur.

SixCats!

c0rtland

Dec 26, 2018

absolute Cheap Guilty Pleasure375x500.5512.jpg

Slayerized

Jul 17, 2011

These, among others, but I do not consider them as 'guilty pleasures':

- Revillon R
- Cool Wave by Gillette (aftershave)
- Tabac edc
- Vermeil pour homme (was really cheap 7 years ago)
- Bogart pour homme (and some other Bogarts)
- Some Rasasi (Daarej, Oud Nashwah, Egra, Shuhrah, Fattan)
- Some Swiss Arabian (Al Basel, Shaghaf Oud, Oud Aswad, Oud Abyad)
- Roger&Gallet Open
- Hugo by Hugo Boss (canteen bottle)
- Al Haramain Excellent
- Van Gils 'Strictly for men'

........and many more......

Last edited:

speckmann0706

Mar 8, 2017

Azzaro Pour Homme

Hard pressed in the price range to find better.

Throwing in Rasasi Hawas, when you spend some time with it it’s clearly well above its cost in quality. The reactions and performance and smell are all excellent. The more I wear it I put it respectfully next to Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT as a Swiss Army knife fragrance year round any occasion.

Last edited:

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003

Hi all,

Interesting responses/choices thus far.

SixCats!

Ed Wardian

Oct 28, 2020

At first it was, not so much now, for the guilt no longer lingers and is a pure pleasure for me... I love it! Pairs so nicely with TABAC! Though many get a chuckle when they see the bottle on my shelf. Mandom aftershave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67s0ZTPiPCk

Also enjoy Canoe EDT/Aftershave quite a bit too.

Jul 7, 2012

1. Curve.

2. Hanae Mori H.M. EDT, but NOT the EDP. I feel like the EDP wrecks what makes the scent so good, which is the way Hanae Mori married an almost EDC style citrus/floral top to an almost-gourmand base. It's a weird idea that works in an EDT concentration, but as an EDP it's a gummy mess.

3. Al Rehab Silver. Silver is basically Al Rehab's take on Silver Mountain Water, with the ink note removed, the tea dialed back, and a bit of soapiness in the base. So if somebody buys it for a cheap SMW they'll be disappointed. But if somebody likes the idea of a different spin on the SMW idea that's more clean, it could be a winner. I like it.

For the record, I feel no guilt in wearing any of them. They're great.

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011

Cereus #4, 5, 7, 11, 14

Burberry London

Nicolai Cologne Sologne & Cologne Cedrat

Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts, Set Sail Martinique, & St. Kitts

Le Couvent des Minimes Cologne of the Missions

Gianfranco Ferre for Man

Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

Diesel Fuel for Life

Bvlgari Aqua

Rochas Man

Caron Yatagan

Vince Camuto Man

Mont Blanc Legend

Liz Claiborne Curve

Royall Fragrances Muske, Lyme, & Rugby

Hanae Mori HiM

Jacques Bogart Pour Homme Signature

inasia69

Nov 30, 2016

My Top Two Cheapies

1. Al Rehab - Sultan roll on type, very masculine

2. Remy Latour Cigar

Nastka

Mar 6, 2011

Davidoff Hot Water. A great cosy cheapie for colder weather.

OldSchoolScents

Jun 7, 2019

Reyane Tradition Insurrection Wild.. Cheap, great bottle, lovely scent.

Agreed, an amazing scent. Had been looking at buying Pure Havane for a while, then I heard about Insurrection Wild and decided to take my chances given the price. Well worth every penny

OldSchoolScents

Jun 7, 2019

I got two of my friends into Brut and Old Spice after wearing it around them. It's now their guilty pleasure lol

I have so many guilty pleasure cheapies but lately it's Jaguar for Men. I probably shouldn't like an EDT that I paid $11 Canadian for, but I like it's green, herbal vibe. Probably the most basil forward scent I have

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009

Bogart Riviera Nights. A good scent, and I confess, I am seduced by the notion of glamorous nights on the Riviera.

Latest News