Which Fragrance Are You Currently Waiting To Be Delivered In The Mail? (2021) | Page 31 | Basenotes

Which Fragrance Are You Currently Waiting To Be Delivered In The Mail? (2021)

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
I finally did it... I'm joining the stinky boys club. I ordered Eau d'Hermes.

Congrats! I tried to pick one up at the Hermes boutique a few months ago, but was told it's discontinued. I'm assuming it's only here in the US, as it's quite easily obtainable in France for example. I might try to get a vintage one, but otherwise, might just pick up a bottle of the current. Which did you purchase?

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
Eek, yea rumors of discontinuation at least in the U.S. had me tracking it on a few sites, and finally I thought this is silly just order it haha.

I got it from Selfridges because I paid for their year of free international shipping last November, but I noticed Bloomingdales in the U.S. also still has it.

I'm happy to have a new one, I did get a sample of the vintage from a fellow BNer in a sample swap, but I didn't notice any huge difference from what I tried at the Hermes boutique now and the vintage sample. I'm also not a huge fan of animalics, so if the current version is a little cleaned up compared to the vintage, it's a win in my eyes.

Congrats! I tried to pick one up at the Hermes boutique a few months ago, but was told it's discontinued. I'm assuming it's only here in the US, as it's quite easily obtainable in France for example. I might try to get a vintage one, but otherwise, might just pick up a bottle of the current. Which did you purchase?

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
Eek, yea rumors of discontinuation at least in the U.S. had me tracking it on a few sites, and finally I thought this is silly just order it haha.

I got it from Selfridges because I paid for their year of free international shipping last November, but I noticed Bloomingdales in the U.S. also still has it.

I'm happy to have a new one, I did get a sample of the vintage from a fellow BNer in a sample swap, but I didn't notice any huge difference from what I tried at the Hermes boutique now and the vintage sample. I'm also not a huge fan of animalics, so if the current version is a little cleaned up compared to the vintage, it's a win in my eyes.

Cool, thanks for your take on the releases. Also, thanks for pointing out the stock at Bloomingdale's. I can get it slightly cheaper from France, but if Bloomingdale's has a sale (hopefully soon!) it would definitely be lower.

Carl57

Jan 27, 2015
Recently got very excited with Atelier seems Ors. I have Lune Feline, Riviera Lazuli, and Iris fauve on the way.

The price is actually not bad on discounters considering designer fragrances like sausage elixir or the margiela line are also approaching the same prices.

I’ve heard conflicting opinion on AdO as a house. Some say they’re YouTube overhypes, department store trap, and so on. Others love the brand and really think the fancy packaging matches the juice. Personally not all they’re fragrances are my favorites but they always smell high quality. Like I mentioned earlier, I’d take this over Elixir everyday of the week.

deltasun

Jun 12, 2017
Recently got very excited with Atelier seems Ors. I have Lune Feline, Riviera Lazuli, and Iris fauve on the way.

The price is actually not bad on discounters considering designer fragrances like sausage elixir or the margiela line are also approaching the same prices.

I’ve heard conflicting opinion on AdO as a house. Some say they’re YouTube overhypes, department store trap, and so on. Others love the brand and really think the fancy packaging matches the juice. Personally not all they’re fragrances are my favorites but they always smell high quality. Like I mentioned earlier, I’d take this over Elixir everyday of the week.

I like the house in general, but I've not consistently liked their offerings. I have Lune Feline and Riviera Drive, but have not been wow'd by the others I've tried.

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
1828 by Histoires de Parfums. 125 ml bottle should arrive Monday.

I've been hunting for a suitable replacement for L'Occitane's Eau de Vetyver for ages and randomly, while exploring HdP's immense discovery kit, I realized 1828 has quite a few overlapping notes and a nearly identical dry down. It's a bit of a plain scent, but I loved the interesting-but-easy-to-wear eucalyptus and pine notes and found it immensely comforting to wear because of the soft, slightly powdery nutmeg paired with cedar and vetiver. If all goes well, this will be my new jack of all trades dumb reach.

Toxicon

May 29, 2021
1828 by Histoires de Parfums. 125 ml bottle should arrive Monday.

I've been hunting for a suitable replacement for L'Occitane's Eau de Vetyver for ages and randomly, while exploring HdP's immense discovery kit, I realized 1828 has quite a few overlapping notes and a nearly identical dry down. It's a bit of a plain scent, but I loved the interesting-but-easy-to-wear eucalyptus and pine notes and found it immensely comforting to wear because of the soft, slightly powdery nutmeg paired with cedar and vetiver. If all goes well, this will be my new jack of all trades dumb reach.

Only downside to this order is that I had also thrown in a bottle of Mugler Cologne in order to hit the free shipping threshold (and because my MC decant is almost spent), but it wound up refunded due to an inventory issue. Haven't had much luck finding MC at a discount, unfortunately. (This would have been 100 ml for $47, the best I've seen in a while, alas).

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
I never was big into vintage, but the idea of owning some of the landmark fragrances was tugging at me as some of them seem to be disappearing or changing formats. So all in the same week I find myself waiting for these to arrive:
Eau d'Hermes
L'heure Bleu
Mitsuoko

Nom de Guerre

Jan 2, 2020
1c2VsxV.jpeg

Les Nombres d'Or: Vetyver by Mona di Orio

smockle

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 25, 2020
Dior Homme Original. My first bottle of it after using up many samples. Just fits the autumn air wonderfully, in my opinion.

OldSchoolScents

Jun 7, 2019
Took about 2 months to finally arrive, but I now have my bottle of New York Intense. The company I ordered it from is about a 25 minute drive away from my home so I'm assuming they sold me stock they didn't have and had to wait for it to arrive to them first. Nevertheless, it was worth the wait. Smells very close to my sample of Bois du Portugal, so I probably won't need to buy a full bottle of BdP now that I have this

Latest News