Whats your fav fragrances, that still smells great on your shirt, sweater, etc days later?

fordc

Oct 19, 2021
Hello Basenoters:
Whats your fav fragrance(s), that still smells great on your shirt, sweater, etc even after few days? I have noticed that many fragrances (even some high end ones) end up having a cheap smell on my shirts, sweater, etc after about 36-48 hours...some smell sour, other just smell cheap.

Please tell me what scents you all (Basenotes Alumni) have that still smell great on your sweaters, shirts, etc after a few or more days!

fordc

Oct 19, 2021
I sprayed some Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue one my sweater the other night and now it has a very cheap smell.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Alien Man. Love the Angel like drydown of this fragrance, especially on fabrics/clothes. Sexy as hell !

Also a Mugler: I picked up a top I had recently worn and it smelled of the most beautiful ambrette. Took me a minute to divine the scent. It was Angel Nova, a perfume I originally thought would be just for fun but which continues to exceed expectations.

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011
for some reason this leaves smell of warm beer on my clothes a day or 2 later.
Hmm....never experienced that smell with Intense Cafe.

I'll never forget dropping a little glass 1 ml sampling vial of it in my bathroom sink one time. It shattered and I smelled it for at least a week afterwards....even with all the dilution from the water. :oops:

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
For me, one of the strongest scent memories I have of a scent on my clothes literally days after wearing them would have to be what is now vintage Aventus, 2010-2014 batches. Those were the good old days.

Today, Hermes Bel Ami is one of my favourites, as are Dior Homme 2020, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Cartier's Declaration and Epic Man.

Swoleiosis

Jan 10, 2020
TRNP Night Song.
It's like if cigarette smoke wasn't disgusting, as if it has no tar. Spicy, dry tobacco with maybe a hint of sweet champaca to make it interesting, depending on how long it's been since fragrance touched fabric. It's great on a winter coat, leather jacket, not so much a sweatshirt, as that will be extra fruity and champaca-smelling.

Sheik Yerbouti

oakmoss fiend
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2017
These are loooooads but these are all great for different reasons and conjure different moods. These drydowns are fab.

CH Men Prive - cozy sexy sweet leather
Chic For Men - cozy spicy woody oriental
Mousse Illuminee - clean green moss
Rive Gauche Pour Homme - clean shaven and fresh + musky earthy woods
Heritage EdT - cozy dense woody patch and sandalwood
Jubilation Man - sexy oriental fougere
Green Irish Tweed - clean fresh and green
Bois du Portugal - old school masculine
Coromandel - gourmand patch
Pour Monsieur EdP - bright vanilla moss

Schubertian

Apr 8, 2021
Oh, most of my perfumes stick to my clothes! Especially cashmere and merino sweaters, and scarves. They smell absolutely wonderful, but it presents a practical problem - if I want to wear the same item again but with a different perfume. I try to air my wool clothes often, because washing is not good for them (or environmentally friendly), but some perfumes are so strong they still smell.... Mitsouko (aaah), the Francesca Bianchis... Chypre-Siam... Amouage Lyric.... L'Heure Bleue !

Latest News