What's Wow'd You Lately?

Melbourne21

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 7, 2015
Really enjoying Clive Christian Crab Apple Blossom - which I blind bought recently.

An amazing fragrance and wear, although I've bought this now so close to winter here in Australia, I can see this is going to be a staple in 5 months time 💪

It's a more refined and polished Virgin Island Water👌

slpfrsly

Physician, heal thyself
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
I'm coming round the Villoresi's Sandalo after a fairly prolonged period of sampling/testing (2-3 years now, although I'm certain I first tried it over a decade ago). I also like his Spezie as well.

iu

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021
I'm coming round the Villoresi's Sandalo after a fairly prolonged period of sampling/testing (2-3 years now, although I'm certain I first tried it over a decade ago). I also like his Spezie as well.

iu
I really need to try this line sooner or later. Very curious to try Sandalo, Spezie, Atman Xaman, Theseus... they all sound right up my alley. (Yet my collection is already too large - the eternal conundrum.)

cheapimitation

Basenotes Dependent
May 15, 2015
I really need to try this line sooner or later. Very curious to try Sandalo, Spezie, Atman Xaman, Theseus... they all sound right up my alley. (Yet my collection is already too large - the eternal conundrum.)
Haha, I feel that. So many brands I still think I need to discover yet I already have more than enough I know I like to keep me interested and perfumed for a life time...

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Interestingly, a fairly affordable price fragrance-namely Fleurs de Sentiers from Yves Rocher, a moderate cost fragrance with both its performance AND quality at once exceeding any hopes one might have from an inoffensive, yet not boring nor bland fresh floral.

slpfrsly

Physician, heal thyself
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
His sample sets are great value. Theseus isn't up to very much but is a nice, pleasant, vintage-smelling vetiver with some oriental (apparently oud) support. Atman Xaman is like a smoking room, rich cigar tobacco and leather, although falls apart in the base (a few of his fragrances suffer the same fate) as it becomes a rather generic ambery-spicy sweet oriental (although nothing like a typical gourmand oriental or anything like that). Spezie is fantastic, Sandalo is by far the best sandalwood fragrance I've found that's still being made. It's the only one that smells like sandalwood.

I'd also recommend; Uomo, which is peak gentlemanly cologne although more herbal than citric; Iperborea, which is a lovely white floral/lily of the valley and a great buy for a wife or girlfriend; Donna, same as previously, although more vintage/dated, with a lovely rose note at the heart; Incensi, for the most realistic olibanum note you can hope to find in a fragrance; and Tropicana and Yerbamate, for their amazing top notes (respecticely, tropic fruit and a sweet grassy hay).

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Surprisingly, both a mass market priced fragrance and in fact a scented product not fully being (at least not until released in its EDT/EDC version as fragrance concentration) a 100% "proper scent".
Namely Rexona Stay Fresh Citrus deodorant spray-highly affordable/inexpensive yet still encompassing on even the lowest budget many of the notes do enjoy-at least personally- in most casual fragrances, even if way beyond citrus-based alone.

davidcalgary29

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 6, 2019
TF Ombre Leather EdP. I still hate them passionately for cancelling Oud Minerale (not to mention Oud Wood Intense and Tobacco Oud Intense), but Ombre Leather is really what Tuscan Leather should be at its best: a smooth, fresh leather, with the fruit note subdued and smoothed out into a very pleasant olfactory experience. It's cheaper than Tuscan Leather, too.

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Did likely retest rather than first sample Verde d'Arancia, a citrus cheapie from the rather uncomplicated house of Monotheme Venezia, thanks to its zesty, green citrus freshness just right for summer/warmer temperatures.

Sep 29, 2022
Oud 27 by Le Labo
375x500.6329.jpg

Outrageously animalic, skanky, offensive, musky, dirty, and obscene. Demonstrates a complete disregard for common decency and moral standards. This sort of thing is my bag, baby.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...

pp