What's Wow'd You Lately?

cheapimitation

Basenotes Dependent
May 15, 2015
Chanel Boy! I know, not the kind of perfume that you associate with wow, but I just got a full bottle and it's smelling really good today. I'd sampled it many times before and even went through a sample vial but it never hit me as being this good until now. I always thought it was nice, pleasant but a little bit boring. But today I'm getting a wonderful warm resinous almost chewy feeling in the base that must be a combo of the vanilla/musks/sandalwood.

It has some really beautiful subtle complexity, maybe I needed a spray from a full bottle for all of its charms to be revealed, but now I'm wondering how did I go so long without owning this one!

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020
Chanel Boy! I know, not the kind of perfume that you associate with wow, but I just got a full bottle and it's smelling really good today. I'd sampled it many times before and even went through a sample vial but it never hit me as being this good until now. I always thought it was nice, pleasant but a little bit boring. But today I'm getting a wonderful warm resinous almost chewy feeling in the base that must be a combo of the vanilla/musks/sandalwood.

It has some really beautiful subtle complexity, maybe I needed a spray from a full bottle for all of its charms to be revealed, but now I'm wondering how did I go so long without owning this one!

Absolutely! I feel the same about 1957 as well.

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
I forgot about this "rave thread" in my recent raves.

Blue Smoke by Bluehill Fragrances is a nice smoky cypress scent that is starting to addict me. There has to be some vetiver, IMO, but it's neither listed nor obvious. It has a sound base, lasting and holding shape for weeks on paper. It's a bit like CdG Hinoki or Sugi went to a dive bar, waiting for the perfect moment that always seems about to happen and never quite gets there. It is tugging on my memories of smoking and smoky bars, for sure.

AndyL

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 2, 2022
Sundowner - Tauer Perfumes - In a category heavily filled with sweetness in the dry-down, Sundowner provides a much needed change-up. Sundowner lays on the skin with dry and dusty spices, woods, and tobacco. Above average performance. Kids jumped in the car after volleyball - one said... "Smells great in here.. like a fresh roasted bag of cinnamon coated nuts." From a 12 year old, ha! Great juice, defiantly a must try!
IMG_4026.jpeg

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...