What's Wow'd You Lately?

mixerscent

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 9, 2013
TF Ombre Leather Parfum, a refined leather with florals. Soft, elegant and versatile.

TF Grey Vetiver EDP. For a summer fragrance, it's twice as good as Neroli Portofino at half the price. Reminds me of a more playful version of Roja Parfums Vetiver Parfum. Grey Vetiver EDP has some sweetness in the base, whereas as RP Vetiver Parfum is elegant, serious and bone-dry throughout.

Last edited:

Jack Hunter

Basenotes Institution
Jul 29, 2009
I was looking through my collection when I spotted a vintage old Bottle of Puredistance M with about 8 to 10ml left. I was surprised as I thought I had used it up years ago. And it's been years since I have worn it.

Well I just tried it and wow it's very thick and oily on the skin. And it smells absolutely intoxicating, one spray is all you need. A beautiful leathery spicy oakmoss followed by a divine floral jasmine accord.

Within this beautiful fusion I have too say this fragrance is stunning in the quality of ingredients used especially how the jasmine note is used. Every so often this scent just seems too come together in a perfect harmony of oakmossy spicy leather and the floral vanille cinnamon. When it does the effect to your olfactory senses is one of pure magic.

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Boss in Motion. While just retesting this, almost never noticed its enjoyment factor before.
More precisely that, in spite of most or all previous testing experiences that a fairly affordable fresh fruit designer might actually smell so good, at decent performance as well

firstascent

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 10, 2022
Interestingly, Tom Ford Ombre Leather Parfum, but not immediately. After 3-4 hours on my skin it radiates extremely beautifully. I don't know what to do.... For days I didn't know what those terrific waves were from my drawer, then I had to realize that a test strip with this scent.
I was going to say the same fragrance, I love how it changes but I love it throughout each transition. It also performs VERY well on my skin! I had this on my left hand Testing it and done others in my right hand and forearm. All I could smell overpowering everything, but not in an annoying way, I was loving it.

I then took a shower and then the Next day when I woke up I could still smell it on my hand!! I couldn’t believe it.

mixerscent

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 9, 2013
Gucci Pour Homme II, this is signature scent worthy. Rarely do you come across a fragrance which is as spellbinding as it is perplexing. I felt a similar way when I first tried Amouage Memoir Man and Yohji Homme. The best I can make of it is it's a fresh, sweet ozonic floral with bergamot, tea and cinnamon. It's utterly gorgeous and perfect for spring and summer. The epitome of effortless.

Last edited:

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020
Dia Man by Amouage. Best blind buy in a long time. Went from an OK on the first try to a love by the third. Not sure why everyone is saying this one lacks in performance — it’s not a sledgehammer like the others from Amouage but one spray lasts for at least 12 hours on my dry skin surrounding me in a translucent veil of bliss. Good stuff.

mixerscent

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 9, 2013
Dia Man by Amouage. Best blind buy in a long time. Went from an OK on the first try to a love by the third. Not sure why everyone is saying this one lacks in performance — it’s not a sledgehammer like the others from Amouage but one spray lasts for at least 12 hours on my dry skin surrounding me in a translucent veil of bliss. Good stuff.

Dia Man is temperature dependent, it shows its beauty around 14-22 degrees Celsius or 58-72 degrees Fahrenheit. Wears best in Autumn weather.

cheapimitation

Basenotes Dependent
May 15, 2015
I need to try this one, I've tried several Amouage with no luck but I haven't ventured into some of the older iconic ones like this and Gold.

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020
I need to try this one, I've tried several Amouage with no luck but I haven't ventured into some of the older iconic ones like this and Gold.

I got a pretty good deal on eBay for a BNIB bottle (€100 for 100ml), I doubt I would have budged otherwise. It's been on my radar forever but never in the forefront and I'm glad I went for it. It would be tough for me to describe the way it smells since it's the only fragrance I have that has this type of scent profile and I'm absolutely terrible at putting note breakdowns in words, haha – I found it quite nostalgic and old-school on the first try and then it got better and better. At some moments, it made me think of Guerlain Vetiver on a lush flowerbed with some incense and a tiny bit of smooth leather. It also feels like a traditionally masculine scent done in quite a feminine way, very smooth and blended to perfection. One spray has been the sweet spot for me.

Colin Maillard has written a magnificent review even though his review makes Dia Man seem quite leathery because of Cuir d'Ange comparisons.

"It's beyond a scent - it's a world, really. I would add totally unparalleled if Hermès Cuir d'Ange didn't exist, as in some way, I think these two scents share some connections both in some notes (especially the powdery-suede treatment), in their stunning quality, and in their general texture and inspiration. But creativity-wise, Dia is probably a tad superior to that, as it dares a bit more in terms of minimalism and complexity. The palette is broader here, so to speak, but surely they share some roots."

Latest News