What's Wow'd You Lately?

Jack Hunter

Basenotes Institution
Jul 29, 2009
Just bought a big bottle of Chanel Allure Homme Sport, just very beautiful. It takes the dna of the original and just makes it smell smoother and improves on it in everyway. I was never that keen on the original as it seemed to be trying to go in many different directions at once. But this one is just gorgeous!

375x500.607.jpg

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2017
Mugler Cologne--such a refreshing pleasure on another sunny scorcher. Loving and appreciating this beauty more with each wearing, and will be keeping it near by (probably in the refrigerator)for the remainder of what looks to be a very hot, dry summer here in Sacramento.

growly

Basenotes Member
Apr 23, 2018
I second Mugler Cologne for the hotter days (although I still have an OLD bottle from 15 years ago, I don't know what it smells like now). I must wear some Fleur du Male to work tomorrow, that should cause a stir.

What's wowed me lately? Nothing that I can think of. All my recent samples have been a disappointment. I suppose the nearest thing to a wow would be the cheap scents they have in Primark, some smell quite nice, no, I'd even say great, considering they cost as much as a latte.

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2017
I second Mugler Cologne for the hotter days (although I still have an OLD bottle from 15 years ago, I don't know what it smells like now). I must wear some Fleur du Male to work tomorrow, that should cause a stir.

What's wowed me lately? Nothing that I can think of. All my recent samples have been a disappointment. I suppose the nearest thing to a wow would be the cheap scents they have in Primark, some smell quite nice, no, I'd even say great, considering they cost as much as a latte.
From I've read by several Mugler Cologne enthusiasts, the current Mugler Cologne "Come Together" is the exact same formulation renamed. Others have said there is a slight difference. I love the current iteration! Actually performs surprisingly well on my skin. I get about 5 to 6 hours with soft projection I get wafts of the entire time. It seems to perform better now the my bottle has aerated some. 10 / 10 for me.

lfc1892

Dec 12, 2021
Pegasus, PDM. Not a fan of the house but this one is lovely. Just what I was looking for and its performance suits its character. It s soft powdery almond scent, and the performance is there most of the day but never too loud.

vertatre

Dec 21, 2010
Dior Oud Rosewood.
Am a little late on the ouds from Dior, and have had this decant for several months (along with Dior Purple Oud) and have spritzed now and then. But the other day, I decided on a full proper wear and I was taken. One of those where I kept pressing my hand against my chest and neck to smell it. I missed out on a bottle on ebay for a good price for the size yesterday.

Foxsbiscuits

Oct 8, 2003
Finding Nice Bergamote by Essential Parfums to be quite lovely. Didn't care for it at all when I sprayed it on a card, and I'm not a fan of florals. However, last night I applied it to both wrists, and that was a game changer. While this is listed as more feminine, I can see myself wearing this one. Beautiful.
I finally got their sample set and this is the one that stuck out as delightful, very bright and summery without being overly citrus or cologne. Sure there's bergamot but it has a tea-like quality rather than juicy citrus. I am surprised because when I read the floral notes I thought it wouldn't be for me but it really hits the spot and I think it'll be great in the heat. I can't detect it when I sniff it up close but then I get a gentle reminder it's still there with a delicate waft. I had originally thought I'd get Bois Imperial but Nice Bergamot is now more appealing. I agree with the creator Antoine Maisondieu that the naturals used really make the composition more beautiful, alive. The main accord once it settles is tea-floral for me, deliciously soothing.

Catface

Jan 24, 2022
JPG Le Male Le Parfum.

I don't know if it's just the testers I have of the original that have aged, or my body chemistry since I've aged, but that has a real off note/goes terpy on my skin - not very nice.
I bought a miniature of Le Parfum to test it out and it's divine. Sort of a 'it smells how you remembered it' type thing. And it doesn't go off on me.

HMan

Mar 14, 2020
Perris Monte Carlo - Cedro di Diamante
I’ve been a thoughtful quest for a signature lemon since early spring, and tested quite a few before a fellow Basenoter brought this one to my attention.
Instant love, and one I want to always have in the collection. Of course, it was the one time I opted for the smaller bottle.

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
(Re) discovered the current Sculpture by Nikos as much less sweet and syrupy as initially remembered and much more nuanced, better focused on vetiver and woody notes-albeit with a powdery but only moderately sweet final outcome

mixerscent

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 9, 2013
YSL Grain de Poudre, refined beauty. Opens with sage, green notes, and violet leaf so fresh it feels like the juice is being squeezed from the leaf. There is subtle sweetness with a slight white musk heart and hint of violets. Not getting any pepper or suede, the weather is warm and I would expect these notes to be amplified. Need to wear it in cooler temps. Initial impressions are this would be a perfect all-year fragrance, and particularly suited to spring. Gorgeous stuff!

Latest News