Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2010
I'm sure Pathetique was being given away here a short while back :grin:

1908403_1548271002071093_7549997365866868198_n.jpg

Sugandaraja

Basenotes Plus
Aug 28, 2007
Frederic Malle - Une Fleur de Cassie ( almost done my 50ml - in roughly a year of owning it! )
Vero Profumo - Rozy Voile d'Extrait
Vero Profumo - Kiki Voile d'Extrait
Parfums Retro - Grand Cuir
Neila Vermeire - Ashoka ( ...maybe. It's not perfect, but I can't think of something exactly like it, either! )

Ovcharkaowner

Jul 2, 2011
This is the first time, since i joined basenotes in 2011, when i have nothing on my To buy list (fireworks in the background).

I think i have managed to build a collection where i have the best possible scents (imo) that revolve around my favorite notes/accords.

I might sample a scent or two here and there, but there is nothing at the moment that is scratching my wallet... and that's a good thing !

pluran

Mar 2, 2006
New York Intense
Rozy Voile d'Extrait

Another bottle of:

Jicky
Mouchoir de Monsieur
Eau d'Hermes
Onda Extrait
Leather Oud
Songe d''un Bois d'Ete

Last edited:

Tollers

May 19, 2014
Dior Homme Parfum
I want to sample Bond No.9's Queens...

Smelled Queens on a card yesterday and got myself a sample of New York Sandalwood. Queens was one of those scents that triggered an instant memory. Sadly, that memory was the toilet blocks from the bathrooms during my childhood camping trips. To be fair, they were nice toilet blocks but for me the association was strong!

Akahina

Jun 9, 2011
This is the first time, since i joined basenotes in 2011, when i have nothing on my To buy list (fireworks in the background).

I think i have managed to build a collection where i have the best possible scents (imo) that revolve around my favorite notes/accords.

I might sample a scent or two here and there, but there is nothing at the moment that is scratching my wallet... and that's a good thing !

I am near the same point. Most things smell reduntant with an occasional nice surprise, which I usually get. With that said, Moon Dust is one I am testing closely.

donna255

Jul 16, 2004
I am buying a bottle of Velvet Orchid by Tom Ford, waiting for the SpaceNK event as I want my gift bag. A friend is bringing me a bottle of Santa Maria Novella Iris edc from Florence this week, I am paying for it.

badarun

Jan 15, 2013
I might take a hiatus (from buying & from basenotes) - like danieq did; my wardrobe is filled to the brim & while many a new scents will be excellent, I'm starting to recognize the fact that what I own already will last longer than my lifetime. That said:

Will be buying Capucci Pour Homme vtg & Lancome Sagamore this week (thanks to a wonderful BN who's helping me with shipping); bought the new Slumberhouse Sadanne & bought M7 off another BN (apparently a vtg).

Couple that have been postponed for a while might end up being bought in the next 2 or 3 months - Vetiver Extraordinaire & MFK's Absolu Pour le Soir (decant's almost done)...

& with that, I might stop - I'm buying a night lamp to start reading again (something I loved doing growing up), so that I don't sit online before crashing to sleep. Only exceptions after will be for any Slumberhouse (will buy any new) or Guerlain (will buy after sampling & if it merits purchase) release or if I find a vintage I don't own yet at a decent price.

If none of the above work, if I keep to buying just 1 bottle a mont, I'd be mighty pleased with myself :smiley:

Emoe

Jul 11, 2014
Now I've got all three papillon artisan samples, I've found that it's the Anubis that I really like.

The tobacco rose is very strange, almost overkill rose floral, and I struggle to get any tobacco at all.

Oh and also the new Prada Luna Rossa Extreme.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
I might take a hiatus (from buying & from basenotes) - like danieq did; my wardrobe is filled to the brim & while many a new scents will be excellent, I'm starting to recognize the fact that what I own already will last longer than my lifetime. That said:

I understand completely I refrained from discussing fragrances for a season because my thirst was more than I could actually enjoy. I have really come to love some of my fragrances which I didn't gravitate to at first. I have had a very uncomfortable absence from the day to day banter but I have been checking in from time to time constantly learning from people like yourself as a observer.

My next captures from First in Fragrance from Germany will be:

Profumi Del Forte- Ambra Meditteranea
Divine - L'Homme Sage
Knize - Knize Ten (ready to pull the plug on this one finally after many moons of debating)

I hope everyone is doing well!

Cheyne

Jul 21, 2014
Arso
Eau de Parfum
by Profumum

&

Private Collection: L'Ombre Fauve
Eau de Parfum
by Parfumerie Generale

samsmells

Jun 4, 2014
Juliette Has a Gun - Citizen Queen

Also Imaginary Authors samples - I'm not sure about the scents yet but I'm already in love with the concept.

Latest News