What’s disappointed you recently?

exquisitecrops

Basenotes Member
Sep 3, 2022
The entire Ormande Jayne sample set.

Even popular ones like Montabaco Intensivo, For Her, For Him and Tolu. They're just okay to me and I find the usage of synthetics a bit jarring.
I guess I just don't connect with Geza Schön. I don't like his works for Clive Christian either.

flyprincess

Dec 18, 2022
Ahwaz Helwa. I am so tired of influencers not giving the full report. Or maybe it’s an issue of maceration/maturation. Either way, it is disappointing to receive a gift like this and have nearly zero performance! (It IS a beautiful caramel, despite performance - but no one can smell it on me hardly!). :cry:

ihxb01

Jan 26, 2020
CoStume National Free d’Homme. Chocolaty patchouli that smells like the late drydown of Akro Dark on the base with some scooter lube. No development, no twists.

E8BCEB28-84EC-4B1D-B3BB-71B320A41B38.jpeg

ImaFedec

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 12, 2019
Etruscan Water - Francesca Bianchi
It is a well blended fragrance for sure! It just does not deliver why I hoped. I wished for a more daring "Eau Sauvage" style fragrance with a contrasting composition of zesty/summery citrus some deeper/more bitter notes of moss. I didn't get any of that, it feels un-expectingly musky, almost soapy. For some reasons, the fragrance it reminds me the more of is Knize Ten Golden edition (which I was also not too enthusiastic for)

Hugh V.

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 9, 2016
Ralph Laure Safari

It's a lot warmer and creamier than I remember it. I remember it smelling like Carier Pasha, and also being kind of rugged and outdoorsy. I finally pulled the trigger on it, and instead, I get something that's creamy, warm, and almost sweet.

Red by Giorgio Beverly hills came to mind. And I really dislike that scent. But I will say, that if Safari is similar to it, and it's not my mind/nose playing tricks on me, then I would argue that Safari is what Red wants to be.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...