What’s Behind Your Basenotes Username?

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum!

This is not so much about fragrance, but rather about the members of Basenotes.

I’ve noticed and come across so many interesting usernames here! I’d love to ask all of you - what’s the story behind the username that you’ve chosen?

Is it a play on your name? A reference to fragrance? Perhaps a nod to something you love and enjoy?

If you would like to share, I would love to hear about it.

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
I think it's pretty self explanatory, I'm from California.

As for the avatar, if you've seen the 1999 film The Matrix you will recognize this individual.
Keanu Reeves is a favorite of mine.

I don’t put much value in celebrities, and you see them quite often between the North Shore and NYC; I’m sure the same can be said with California - but Mr. Reeves is someone I truly get excited about, because he is just so authentically a nice person.

We’ve seen him a couple of times in the city, and he’s very well known for being very humble, down-to-earth, and kind.

Salumbre

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 26, 2022
Mine comes from my inexact memory of a poem by a Cuban writer called Mariano Brull. He was a friend of French poet Paul Valéry, whom he translated (magnificently) into Spanish.

It is a gorgeous poem he wrote for one of his daughters, almost entirely made up of sonorous nonsense words. It's like pure music. Read it aloud and enjoy!

Jitanjáfora​

Filiflama alabe cundre
ala olalúnea alífera
alveola jitanjáfora
liris salumba salífera

Olivia oleo olorife
alalai cánfora sandra
milingítara girófora
zumbra ulalindre calandra.

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
Mine comes from my inexact memory of a poem by a Cuban writer called Mariano Brull. He was a friend of French poet Paul Valéry, whom he translated (magnificently) into Spanish.

It is a gorgeous poem he wrote for one of his daughters, almost entirely made up of sonorous nonsense words. It's like pure music. Read it aloud and enjoy!

Jitanjáfora​

Filiflama alabe cundre
ala olalúnea alífera
alveola jitanjáfora
liris salumba salífera

Olivia oleo olorife
alalai cánfora sandra
milingítara girófora
zumbra ulalindre calandra.
This is beautiful!

One can’t help but smile, reading this aloud - although I definitely stumbled my way through it 😂. The boys have the day off from school, so we’re doing a lot of reading this afternoon - this was nice to add in to the mix.

My husband speaks a bit of Spanish, so I will ask him to read it to the boys and I tonight. Thank you for sharing!

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Feb 8, 2017

I don’t put much value in celebrities, and you see them quite often between the North Shore and NYC; I’m sure the same can be said with California - but Mr. Reeves is someone I truly get excited about, because he is just so authentically a nice person.

We’ve seen him a couple of times in the city, and he’s very well known for being very humble, down-to-earth, and kind.
This is what I've always heard too. So refreshing. Loved him in "A Walk in the Clouds."

Salumbre

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 26, 2022

This is what I've always heard too. So refreshing. Loved him in "A Walk in the Clouds."

Check him out playing a twisted version of himself in Always Be My Maybe (Netflix). A sweet movie, and he's HILARIOUS in it.

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
Mine comes from a recent poetry collection: Toxicon & Arachne by Joyelle McSweeney. I had just read it (and loved it) around the time I signed up. It's dark, bombastic, playful, and harrowing in turns. Not exactly light reading, but pretty much exactly what I want in poetry.

Just ordered the paperback - thank you!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...