What would Mitch Brenner wear in The Birds?

Rosehavn

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 1, 2010
What fragrance do you guys (and gals) think the lead male character Mitch Brenner (Actor Rod Taylor) would have worn in Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"?

bb_hunky.jpg

birds_shot1l.jpg

...and what about Melanie Daniels as played by actress Tippi Hedren?

bimg6.jpg

the+birds.jpg

Rosehavn

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 1, 2010
bois du portugal or green irish tweed

melaine would wear fleurs de bulgarie

Mr.DBond007 weighs in with lovely choices from CREED for Mitch and Melanie. Interesting that he has Melanie wearing a long-lasting rose fragrance. We all know she is going to need it!:shocked:

Sestra

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 3, 2006
I was going to suggest a fragranced aerosol pigeon & gull repellent but there doesn't seem to be one. One site I visited echoed the general industry advice : Electric shock is our specialty.

Is there a cologne with an electrical theme?

Last edited:

argogos

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 4, 2008
Hear hear - I heartily appreciate the "locavore" choices.

My choices would be:

Macassar (Rochas) for the city

Green Water (Fath) for the country

I know, right? Mitch is just that kind of community aware, socially conscious, ever appropriate man. Macassar for Monday- Wednesday and Cravache for Thursday- Saturday. He would never be in the city on a Sunday.

Larimar

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 23, 2010
Okay, since I am a great Hitchcock fan (though Birds is not my fave film of his), I imagine Tippi Hedren wearing Tabac Blond and Rod Taylor Jicky or vice-versa :)

colormechris

Sep 7, 2006
They would both definitely own Chanel fragrances. Especially her. In fact, Melanie probably has the entire line-up. Ditto anything floral and aldehydic from Guerlain, her favorite being Mitsouko. Lydia secretly loves Shalimar but would never admit it. Mitch probably doesn't wear anything in Bodega Bay; but if pressed he likes a dash of Dior's Eau Sauvage. And of course, when he's at the Cuir Du Castro he only sports his very own manscent, Eau de Mitch.

colormechris

Sep 7, 2006
Oh, actually, Mitch couldn't wear Eau Sauvage because it hasn't been invented yet. Let's say in lieu of that he'd wear something fresh and citrusy maybe Canoe or 4711. Or one of those ancient Guerlain scents like Eau du Coq that his neighbor in the city gave him because he "had some extra from his last trip to the Continent..."
By the way, I love this question! It's fun. Post some more movie characters!!!

lauermar

Jul 8, 2004
I'm late to the party but I agree with 4711 for Mitch. He's a basic guy.

Tippi Hedren is anosmic after having a couple of falls years ago which damaged her olfactory nerves. She said her favorite perfume was Joy by Jean Patou. She also likes the smell of coffee, rain and puppies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...