What will you be wearing on Thanksgiving?

Vitamin D

Jan 8, 2021
If you’re an American, what are going to be wearing on Thanksgiving?

I’m thinking about Creed’s Royal Oud. Maybe Vilhelm’s The Oud Affair? HdP 1899 is a possibility.

So many choices!

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
Part of me wants to go with something discreet, to avoid clashing with the aromas of a nice meal.

Afraid I’m going to be dragged to a large family gathering, and I have strong concerns about the Covid vaccination status of attendees. The other part of me is contemplating wearing something loud and obnoxious, to facilitate social distancing.

Seriously, I’d rather just stay home and eat a pizza. If I do that, I’m thinking Chanel Sycomore.

ScentSensei

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 21, 2020
I am super glad that the whole 'Pumpkin Spice' seasonal invasion hasn't entered the realm of personal fragrance. Pumpkin pie and cheesecake, sure. I'm not into pumpkin spice lattes, candles, ice cream but I understand the allure. How would the notes of a 'Thanksgiving ' fragrance be put together?
Top notes: Cranberry, Bergamot, Pine
Middle notes: Mulled Wine, Pumpkin Spice, Gravy Accord
Base notes: Musk, Vetiver

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
I haven't decided yet, but may be leaning toward a bay rum, but I may change my mind.

Here are some possibilities:

-One of my Bay Rum scents
-Costume National Homme
-Chanel Egoiste
-Creed Royal Oud
-Creed Royal Mayfair
-Creed Viking
-Dolce & Gabbana The One
-Houbigant Fougere Royale
-YSL 6 Place Saint Sulpice
-Tauer LADDM
-Diptyque Tam Dao EDP
-Dior Sauvage
-Bvlgari Man in Black

Those are all swimming in my head and any of them could easily work on Thanksgiving IMO.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I am super glad that the whole 'Pumpkin Spice' seasonal invasion hasn't entered the realm of personal fragrance. Pumpkin pie and cheesecake, sure. I'm not into pumpkin spice lattes, candles, ice cream but I understand the allure. How would the notes of a 'Thanksgiving ' fragrance be put together?
Top notes: Cranberry, Bergamot, Pine
Middle notes: Mulled Wine, Pumpkin Spice, Gravy Accord
Base notes: Musk, Vetiver

The closest would be ELDO Like This. In it, there's a pumpkin-like accord, spiced with ginger. But it is not like the cloying pumpkin-spice flavors and scents that pervade the shops this time of year, at least in the US

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
I haven't decided yet, but may be leaning toward a bay rum, but I may change my mind.

Here are some possibilities:

-One of my Bay Rum scents
-Costume National Homme
-Chanel Egoiste
-Creed Royal Oud
-Creed Royal Mayfair
-Creed Viking
-Dolce & Gabbana The One
-Houbigant Fougere Royale
-YSL 6 Place Saint Sulpice
-Tauer LADDM
-Diptyque Tam Dao EDP
-Dior Sauvage
-Bvlgari Man in Black

Those are all swimming in my head and any of them could easily work on Thanksgiving IMO.
Bay Rum is a great idea. Generally not too strong, and the scent is warm and nostalgic — a good fit for a cozy dinner.

wampa

Oct 14, 2011
I’m going with pants.

O6xz9Z4.gif

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
if I’m feeling nice, Angel’s Share. If not, probably an overspray of Declaration EDT. Everyone seems to hate it. Can you tell I love the holidays?

Latest News