DoctorM81

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 26, 2011
This thread is ancient!
😁

Indeed it is. At 16 years old, it may set a record for revived thread.

New Years Eve, 2006...wow! I might (just might) even still have had some of my first batch of bottles from the mid-late 90's knocking around then. I was still 4.5 years from joining basenotes. If only I knew...

Edit. the bottle of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey that I was wearing as something of a signature at that time is still around half full today!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022
I seem to be constantly adding new perfumes, so the depletion rate of all of my bottles continually slows. Still, there are some I know I'll have to replace when the time comes:
  • Francesca Bianchi - Under My Skin
    • I've gone through ~10ML of a 30ML bottle in 3 months.
  • Neiman Marcus - Volage
    • Ran through ~10ML of a 30ML bottle in slightly less than three months. Spicy, mossy, oriental. Completely magical and discontinued for about 30 years now.
  • Narciso Rodriguez - For Her EDT (Black Bottle)
  • Christian Dior - Dune
  • Annick Goutal - Duel
  • Chanel - No. 5 (Eau de Cologne)
    • One backup bottle already on hand

SmellSharpe

Dec 29, 2021
Wow. This is an ancient thread!

i have backups of TF Ombre Leather, Armani Code Profumo and Dior Homme Intense. I may buy a backup of Dior Homme Parfum if I run across a bottle, but I have lots of other fragrances to keep me busy. 👍

speckmann0706

Basenotes Institution
Mar 8, 2017
#MeToo -- I bought three 10ml decants of this wonderful fragrance, then combined them in a single 30ml bottle which I use sparingly. TBH, both my newly-purchased 100ml bottle of CdG Black and Jovoy Private Label give me the delicious aromas of pepper, birch/birch-tar, cedar, leather, and vetiver, so I'd have to think long and hard about repurchasing the Jovoy when it runs-out. Let's revisit this in a year or two (or three), OK? :)
Jovoy Private Label is one I’d like to purchase in time I feel it will serve me well.

Zenwannabee

Basenotes Junkie
Sep 15, 2009
I don’t go through fragrances very fast, so likely only those most dear to me, and of which I’ve gone through full bottles already:

—Chanel PM EDT
—Aramis (ok, probably the entire Aramis line if they said they were canceling it tomorrow)
—Azzaro PH
—Polo
—Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men
—Obsession
—Cool Water
—Dior Homme Intense

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...