What Oud/Mukhallat are you wearing today?

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Hey! I was thinking about getting 3 grams of Sarmad with my last order… what are your impressions of it? Saqar is like a beefier less clean Aljanah to my nose.
roasted nuts and rich woods and hay, there's other bits in there which I cant quite put my finger on, no funk or barn on this one, need to spend more time with it to get my head the smaller nuances

Last edited:

SERPENTARIAN

Basenotes Member
Nov 4, 2021
Oud Lab - Lao Shān - dark, incensey and smoky woodiness. Black and deep with some mentholyness.

If you haven’t purchased from these guys, I couldn’t recommend them enough. Beautiful oils and really amazing packaging and design. Kind and generous people as well.

Yesterday I wore Kao Kreme from Al Hind Oud. Thick af, incensy and sweet with a gorgeous ‘toasted’ aspect and some tobacco. From my experience, all three of their current offerings are worth a couple grams imo. Don’t sleep. 👍

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Oud Lab - Lao Shān - dark, incensey and smoky woodiness. Black and deep with some mentholyness.

If you haven’t purchased from these guys, I couldn’t recommend them enough. Beautiful oils and really amazing packaging and design. Kind and generous people as well.

Yesterday I wore Kao Kreme from Al Hind Oud. Thick af, incensy and sweet with a gorgeous ‘toasted’ aspect and some tobacco. From my experience, all three of their current offerings are worth a couple grams imo. Don’t sleep. 👍
oud lab and al hind are on my to vist list but the back log grows constantly

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Both are great. Oud Lab has hands down the best presentation of any oud I’ve purchased to date. It really adds to the experience and of course the products are great. Not affiliated btw, just happy with their service.
yeh ive seen the bottles and effort thats been put in with oud lab

AZsmells

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 11, 2004
OK, I'll bite...
what is a mind buzzing oil? mood altering?

It is difficult to describe but yes it is mood altering in a way where you feel it instantly. Some oils might feel more calming and some more energetic. Some more focused. Not like you are on drugs but an immediate impact that hits your brain. Not all oud oils do this to me only certain ones. There is all a whole thread about it on Ouddict and some just say it is a marketing gimmick. Maybe not everyone experiences this with oud but I definitely do.

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
Lucky Oud - Tura

This requires a graduate degree in Hindi Oud as Taha would say. At first all I could smell was pretty intense barn notes. Like cow pastures and rotting wood. Fast forward a year later and I’m getting an incredible honeyed orange note due to the wild orange groves that grow amongst the Agarwood forests in this region of Megalaya. On top of that you get a musky port wine and incense note which mixes with freshly tanned leather.

It’s a huge reminder why Hindi Oud is one of the best.

Castingshadows

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 14, 2020
Dixit and Zak- Oud Rosa

This is essentially a spicy Hindi Oud soliflare. Kinda ridiculous how intense the Oud is in this beast. Like I’m talking full on leather mixed with saffron and animalism. The rose only lasts 20 minutes before you get this crazy spiced up leather accord. Performance lasts forever on skin but sits close for the duration. It’s a rather meditative composition.

Latest News