What Oud/Mukhallat are you wearing today? | Page 3 | Basenotes

What Oud/Mukhallat are you wearing today?

Tarik

Jun 25, 2013
Hi Bigbloke
how is Kemewahan ,Java and A attar.
I want buy Kemewahan,Ihave kemegahan and agar supreme.

bigbloke

Aug 17, 2013
Kemewehan is clearly Malaysian but different from prior AA Malay offerings that I have. Smoky wood type note up front and not as much resin. The resin is there but smoother in the base and less aggressive. There is also a short-lived touch of green. It is an oud that smells like oud wood, however I don't have a reference for that smell but will say, as I have earlier, that it is different from the other Malay ouds.
I think I would do a better job describing it if I burnt wood and had wood to smell.

Agar Attar is a blend of different ouds. Dry down is gorgeous.

Java is oud with patchouli. Very very nice.

iris&oud

Dec 17, 2012
blade_22 I find CAN very gourmand, which I enjoy. I actually crave a latte, cappuccino or espresso when I wear it.

The opening gives notes of chocolate/cacao and coffee, which burn off in about 30-45 mins. Gradually cardamom joins and the drydown gets sweeter as the vanilla and amber amp up, giving a toffee/caramel vibe. I could swear there is some Oud in the base, but perhaps it is the castoretum I am detecting? I get about 8 hours of wear with polite but noticeable sillage. Rich and decadent!

I think it is well worth the $30-35 I spent on it, but my husband tells me I smell burnt ;-( I think it will be wonderful and cozy in cold weather!

sultanpasha

Nov 9, 2011
I'm glad that Diaghilev works for you however on my skin it turns in to a revolting green lactonic mess. Daghialev is a truly complex composition with different notes and accords and thus would be very different from person to person. It smells absolutely gorgeous on paper and infact I smelt it on three other people including my wife and was radically different on each but still wonderful. On me however it was a different story :-(

bigbloke

Aug 17, 2013
Interesting. I've got a decant of NUWA and was considering a bottle but compared to Diaghilev it doesn't wow me as much. I prefer the warmer composition of Diaghilev as I found NUWA to be fresher and greener on my skin.

sultanpasha

Nov 9, 2011
Strange indeed....Nuwa on me is beautifully balsamic and spicy, very golden and ambery from the beginning. I normally hate cumin in fragrances but the dreaded note has been beautifully represented in this composition with all of its harshness tamed down. Also it's rather smoky on me but in a very tasteful manner. It just shows how truly subjective perfumery really is as with most things in life.

Tarik

Jun 25, 2013
Cuir ottoman-Parfum d'Empire.
Parfum d’Empire Cuir Ottoman blends iris, jasmine, incense, styrax, leather, tolu balsam, and benzoin.

Thomas S.

Dec 13, 2012
Yesterday I was wearing Sweet Siam, today it´s Oud Yusuf, so I can compare the two.
Both are very similar. The Sweet Siam seems slightly sweeter, especially in the first hour. Yusuf has a more pronouced floral note of lilacs.
Both have a wonderful sweet and woody drydown.

I guess Sweet Siam will be (in several months ahead) what Yusuf is today.
Of course, Yusuf will age, too, and thus its scent profile may hold wonders in store for all discerning oudheads ;-)

Nikolaos

Jun 21, 2014
Borneo Thaqeel: first 10 minutes deep red mature roses surround me, very deep mature smell of roses really weird feeling, I'm now in the 30min and i detecting very clear a strong royal green hojari smell, ... Let see what next ...

Edit: in the dry down there is a antique smell? The smell of Old leather book that is stored in a old wood library.. Smell of Ages... Smokey frankinsence is still there, love it

blade_922

Dec 25, 2013
Incense Royale by sultan pasha. Great blend. Love the vanilla and oud blending together harmonically! Long lasting and not over powering but not weak either. Just perfect. Very refreshing and constantly getting whiffs of vanilla and oud!

GaianMind

Jul 11, 2014
Encens D' Angkor...lovely dark berries warped in an old piece of leather,stored in a musty wooden farmhouse (barnyard-ish) cellar...that drys down into a spicy incense-y delight! Sorry I'm better at conveying the mental images that pop into my head from a given oil, rather than picking out individual notes. Still new to this.

Latest News