What next in the ballpark of the these frags ...? | Basenotes

What next in the ballpark of the these frags ...?

Ifti

Aug 5, 2016
These seem to be getting their own corner of the wardrobe.

Dior Homme
Burberry Touch
Valentino Uomo
Burberry Brit
Armani Lui
Endymion Concentree...

I'm enjoying the cleanliness, smartness, powderiness, flora, as well as lust suedy caramel like leather and base. Tight and refined. Sensual AND extremely well behaved. ( Well parhaps not DH, intoxicating!) These 'tyoe' seem to have cahooners enough to perform great in heat and other aspects shine in cooler temps. So that's a win!

Anyway lol suggestions and experiences welcome

The Colognnoisseur

Apr 7, 2013
9804266_fpx.tif

Prada L’Homme and its variations, perhaps?

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
Loewe 001 Man might be worth checking out for that Dior Homme-esque style. Not as sensual and sexy. More casual and laidback.

Yesterday from Room 1015, might be worth checking out if you like Emporio Armani Lui's style. Although they don't smell alike, both have a sweet fruity opening that becomes more clean, smart, sensual, and well behaved.

Last edited:

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
These seem to be getting their own corner of the wardrobe.

Dior Homme
Burberry Touch
Valentino Uomo
Burberry Brit
Armani Lui
Endymion Concentree...

I'm enjoying the cleanliness, smartness, powderiness, flora, as well as lust suedy caramel like leather and base. Tight and refined. Sensual AND extremely well behaved. ( Well parhaps not DH, intoxicating!) These 'tyoe' seem to have cahooners enough to perform great in heat and other aspects shine in cooler temps. So that's a win!

Anyway lol suggestions and experiences welcome

Armani Code

+1 on Prada L'Homme

ihxb01

Jan 26, 2020
enjoying the cleanliness, smartness, powderiness, flora, as well as lust suedy caramel like leather and base. Tight and refined. Sensual AND extremely well behaved

Say no more, look no further, CELINE HAUTE PARFUMERIE, i.e., Black Tie, Reptile, Nightclubbing and Cologne Francaise.

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
Say no more, look no further, CELINE HAUTE PARFUMERIE, i.e., Black Tie, Reptile, Nightclubbing and Cologne Francaise.

While I agree that the Celine fragrances are executed much better than things listed in the original post, like the current version of Dior Homme and Emporio Armani Lui, I think the Celine fragrances smell a bit too good for what Ifti is looking for. Based on the fragrances he listed out, he's talking more about the mainstream masculine designer genre. The Celine fragrances might smell a bit too elegant, refined, and upscale for his tastes, plus their pricing is definitely not in the same ballpark. That said, the Celine fragrances are absolutely my preferred style.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Many great recommendations already, also adding at least to some extent, among many others:

Creed OS, Eau des Baux, Rochas Man as well as its Aquaman and Intense flankers, Guerlain LIDGE, Aramis Havana, C&E Sienna, most male/unisex Lubin fragrances like Akkad and/or Idole EDP, Chanel Egoiste, Dior Dune PH, Jaipr Homme EDP, the Ungaro III Parfum Aromatique, Oud Edition and/or Gold&Bold flankers

Ifti

Aug 5, 2016
Sartorial to a degree works, only by very diligent dabbing. Flipping strong stuff!

I gave into Dior Homme a few months ago and that along with revisiting and actually liking Armani Lui got me started on this path.

Also Valentino Uomo & Burberry Brit, in a stash of donated samples ( Prolly woulda never tried otherwise! Yes admittedly my unfounded designer frag snobbery haha!).

Sampling Pradas L'homme currently. Very tidy affair.

Looking forward to trying more in this area.

Man cardamom, iris, violet, leather. Yum-meeee!

imm0rtelle

Apr 2, 2021
Sartorial to a degree works, only by very diligent dabbing. Flipping strong stuff!

I gave into Dior Homme a few months ago and that along with revisiting and actually liking Armani Lui got me started on this path.

Also Valentino Uomo & Burberry Brit, in a stash of donated samples ( Prolly woulda never tried otherwise! Yes admittedly my unfounded designer frag snobbery haha!).

Sampling Pradas L'homme currently. Very tidy affair.

Looking forward to trying more in this area.

Man cardamom, iris, violet, leather. Yum-meeee!

I think Room 1015's Yesterday is worth sampling if you like cardamom + Emporio Armani Lui's style of sweet fruity opening to a "classy" drydown. I get it if you're hesitant towards unknown brands in the fragrance community. No hype behind Room 1015, and it is much more comfortable to follow the crowd and buy into what everyone else likes.

Latest News