What Men's Briefcase do you use?

wood&leather

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 27, 2018
I'm looking into investing in a new leather briefcase.

Two brands that stood out to me are Carl Friedrik Palissy and Satchel & Page.

I'm curious to know what briefcase you already own or brands that you enjoy.

Truth be told, I need a brief case like i need a fax machine (I don't). But after looking at the Carl Friedrik brand you posted,I have something similar to that from Auguste Atelier. It's called the Suffren Briefcase, but I really just bought it as a laptop bag to have when i was living in Paris and I wanted to buy local.

https://ateliers-auguste.fr/en/men/...ather-bag.html#/55-color-black_pebble_leather

Jan 18, 2020
I use a Tumi Alpha Bravo. However, I own three other soft leather briefcases, one black, one brown, and one tan, all of which were relatively unknown Italian brands that I picked up over the years from places like Daffy's (RIP) in NY, and other discounters.

the_good_life

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 2, 2006
During my time in academia I cycled to uni and needed a large backpack for a folder or two and books. My Aspinal briefcase is quasi virginal. I nonetheless bought a more fashion-forward soft leather Piquadro in blue, which I occasionally use, now that I'm working at a boarding school. European brands here, obviously...

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Who is familiar with the American brand Frank Clegg?
I was looking at a number of briefcases, weekenders, and toiletries. A little bit higher in pricing but excellent leather good products.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://frankcleggleatherworks.com/leather-bags/briefcases.html

AndyL

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 2, 2022
I'm curious to know what briefcase you already own or brands that you enjoy.

I had a used a Coach messenger bag for several years and it did me quite well. However, I've been carrying more and more necessities jumping from work to meetings, travel, reading, ever expanding dongle collection, etc... Not leather, but... decided to go backpack route and couple weeks ago received an Aer Day Pack 2 X-Pac. Everything has its place, easily to access it all and I've been quite pleased. Carries well, quite conformable and is designed to sit flat. Hope you find what you're looking for NCAL.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I have a small collection of shoulder bags, aka “man purses” or “murses,” that carry all I need: sunglasses, wallet, pens, keys, KN95 masks, etc. The dimensions are in line with old Soviet military map cases, one of which I have, though the leather is well short of luxurious. Current bag in the rotation is by Dior Homme.

Back when I was a traveling computer tech, I used to carry my gear in an old doctor’s bag.

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
I have a small collection of shoulder bags, aka “man purses” or “murses,” that carry all I need: sunglasses, wallet, pens, keys, KN95 masks, etc. The dimensions are in line with old Soviet military map cases, one of which I have, though the leather is well short of luxurious. Current bag in the rotation is by Dior Homme.

Back when I was a traveling computer tech, I used to carry my gear in an old doctor’s bag.

I also like vintage as a possible way to go. Leather can get more beautiful as it ages. I have a brown leather one made in Italy for Bonwit Teller, New York luxury department store that closed down in 1990. Rarely do I need to carry a briefcase any more. It’s now used at home for holding stationery.

6EFED21B-D1C6-4A52-B9E1-33580B1BE3C4.jpeg

907A82A8-3674-4FC8-BCE9-F251953B3E85.jpeg

DoctorM81

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 26, 2011
I do have a traditional hardside leather briefcase, but I've never found the occasion to use it outside the house. I bought it (relatively recently) for its visual appeal and because of my fondness for traditional accessories, more than its practical value. I have a small collection of more practical bags that I rotate for work and other usage - or at least I did, back before the pandemic significantly disrupted my routine. I'm hoping those days will return soon...

Last edited:
Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News

. .