What have you enjoyed wearing during the cold fall, autumn, and winter months?

slpfrsly

Physician, heal thyself
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
Gucci Nobile worked very well in the autumn and winter, not just for the aroma but also longevity. A little goes a long way with GN. Having that autumnal green-brown aroma on your shirt collar at the end of the day is a pleasant reminder of how good fragrance can be.

Around Christmas, I enjoyed wearing Unum Lavs as/when I felt like wearing fragrance.

Reactions: rum

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Winter here in Seattle/Bellevue barely exists as is, and right now it's cracking 46f/7c, meaning I can "get away" with some things I'd normally reserve for hot or at least room temperature when outside (I'm mostly outside at work).

Thus, I regrettably haven't touched many wintry things, unless it's the weekend and/or I want something spicy/sweet for the evening. Just been rocking fougères and some "blue" fragrances otherwise. The peak cold last month saw me in some orientals though.

Dec 15, 2022
My every day casual scent this fall and winter in Syracuse, New York is Armani Code Parfum. When it gets very cold or for certain night-time events I go to my 2015 batch of Dior Fahrenheit. I tried Givenchy Gentleman Reserve Privee and Parfums De Marly Layton but didn't care for either fragrance.

Dec 15, 2022
I wear all of my fragrances except blue/citrusy in the colder months.

A few cool weather friendly (IMO) fragrances I have used lately are…

TF Ombre Leather
TF Noir Extreme
Givenchy Gentleman Reserve Privee

EDP
Givenchy Gentleman Boisée EDP
Essential Parfums Bois Impérial
Serge Lutens Chergui EDP
Hermes Terre Intense Vetiver EDP
Hermes Terre Parfum
Mugler A*Men Pure Havane
Armani Code Profumo
Armani Stronger with You Intensely
Dior Homme Intense
Dior Homme Parfum
Azzaro Wanted by Night EDP

I wear all of my fragrances except blue/citrusy in the colder months.

A few cool weather friendly (IMO) fragrances I have used lately are…

TF Ombre Leather
TF Noir Extreme
Givenchy Gentleman Reserve Privee EDP
Givenchy Gentleman Boisée EDP
Essential Parfums Bois Impérial
Serge Lutens Chergui EDP
Hermes Terre Intense Vetiver EDP
Hermes Terre Parfum
Mugler A*Men Pure Havane
Armani Code Profumo
Armani Stronger with You Intensely
Dior Homme Intense
Dior Homme Parfum
Azzaro

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
What I'm wearing today is pretty great for cold weather. Euphorium Brooklyn - WALD. Forest Green Pine with a Maple syrup type note and Chimney Smoke. Smells like you just got done with breakfast while living in a cabin in the woods and stepped outside to smell the air. It's a great scent that "puts you somewhere". I call these "atmospheric fragrances". I don't know if there is an official term for these kinds of fragrances, but they are the most artistic and wonderful kind of fragrances IMO.

checkmate

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 8, 2013
I basically wear what calls me from my collection. Seeing as I work indoors, the cold isn’t going to stifle my freshies too badly.

One that I’ve really come to appreciate is Halston Man Amber. I bought it 5 or so years ago, wore it, enjoyed it but never really took to it.

Fast forward 5 years…

I’m enjoying this much more than I remember enjoying it years ago :)

I find it to be more about myrrh than amber… I find it to be an herbal, smokey myrrh with just a dash of amber. There’s Oud in the mix, but it’s a distant supporting cast member.

The others I’ve reached for with a fair amount of consistency have been:
- Vtg Bel Ami by Hermes
- Jazz Prestige by YSL
- Vtg Safari by RL
- Vtg Obsession by CK
- Jacques Fath Pour L’Homme
- Vtg Body Kouros
- Royal Oud by Creed
- Moschino PH
- Arpege by Lanvin
- Halston Limited
- Vtg Azzaro PH
- Vtg Duc de Vervins by Houbigant
- Eau de Baux by L’Occitane
- Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermes

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...