What have you enjoyed wearing during the cold fall, autumn, and winter months?

slpfrsly

Physician, heal thyself
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
Old favourites or new discoveries. The standard mix of woods, amber, spices, leather etc. or a bracing fresh fragrance more typically thought of as a summer scent?

What have been the fragrances you've most enjoyed wearing in cold weather over the last few months?

8358_River-full-with-autumn-leaves-Mirror-on-the-water.jpg

_92241945_istock_28341858_large.jpg

photo-1514543580686-6488d80c6875.jpg

Couple-winter-walk-1118_b4308bf38bed3d5dc3e88fc83986b14f.jpg

SmellSharpe

Dec 29, 2021
I wear all of my fragrances except blue/citrusy in the colder months.

A few cool weather friendly (IMO) fragrances I have used lately are…

TF Ombre Leather
TF Noir Extreme
Givenchy Gentleman Reserve Privee EDP
Givenchy Gentleman Boisée EDP
Essential Parfums Bois Impérial
Serge Lutens Chergui EDP
Hermes Terre Intense Vetiver EDP
Hermes Terre Parfum
Mugler A*Men Pure Havane
Armani Code Profumo
Armani Stronger with You Intensely
Dior Homme Intense
Dior Homme Parfum
Azzaro Wanted by Night EDP

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Many great replies already, including the wonderful scents mentioned.
Personally speaking, although not specificially following and/or changing scents based on season while wearing anything during almost season, Zino Davidoff, so far most enjoyed mainly but by far not exclusively:

Chanel Antaeus, SL Chergui, Eau des Baux, Ungaro III, Santos de Cartier, LM Black Oud, Salvador Dali PH, Knize Ten plus its EDP version, Habit Rouge, Halston Z14 and 1-12, Marbert Homme among further Marberts did own so far, Van Cleef & Arpels PH, Roger & Gallet Open, Floris Elite and also No. 89 from the same house, Francesco Smalto PH, Aramis Havana, Lancetti Uomo plus its Concentree EDP flanker, Louis Varel Extreme Oud, Ginepro Nero by l'Erbolario, Mystique Homme by Al Haramain, Eau des Baux, even Creed Aventus, Lapidus PH, Grey Flannel, Azzaro PH, the "tin can version" vintage YSL Rive Gauche, Versace l'Homme, Sartorial by Penhaligon's. Frederic Malle Bois d'Orage, Arden Man Sandalwood, Chevignon Brand for Men, Derrick by Orlane, Trussardi Jeans Men, Cerruti 1881 Amber, Zeus by Kelsey Berwin, Burberry for Men, Boucheron PH, Sir Irisch Moos, Giorgio Beverly Hills Red, Tabac original, John Player's Special Classic Green, Yves Rocher Ambre Noir

from the personal lineup currently visible, at least regarding these specific season-based reasons.

woodnotes55

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 27, 2016
Old favourites or new discoveries. The standard mix of woods, amber, spices, leather etc. or a bracing fresh fragrance more typically thought of as a summer scent?

What have been the fragrances you've most enjoyed wearing in cold weather over the last few months?1
I like certain scents in cold weather but trouble is there hasn't been much cold weather yet. I didn't switch to winter lineup till after Thanksgiving, and both Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years weeks had 2 or 3 days each you could go outside in short sleeves with no coat. (in a four-season zone that should be cool then...) There was about 5 days at or below 5F but today pushing 60 in January... might as well be visiting stylinla!!! To the question, when it is cool/cold, especially like - Declaration, Declaration Essence, Encre Noire, Lalique Hommage L'homme, Opus 1870, Colonia Ebano and MIrra, Salamanca, Olympic Amber, plus much of the vintage stash like Halstons, Jaguar for Men, Dunhills, Grey Flannel, Smalto, and more...... The vintage box always gets more activity in winter.....

Jul 7, 2012
I guess I've been on a bit of a powdery kick lately.

Boy Chanel
1725 Casanova
Sumo Wrestler
Tabac Rouge
Opus 1870

I think Sumo Wrestler is an underrated gem, but it's a bit of an oddball in that it's from an indie Japanese house (J-Scent) and it smells sort of like a lot of things (M7, Boy, Helmut Lang EDC) yet it doesn't smell like any of them.

DoctorM81

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 26, 2011
Had a couple of really good days immediately pre-Christmas wearing Amber Absolute. That's been the real standout for me so far. Still a few months of deepest winter left to go, though! During this time I'm especially looking forward to revisiting things like New Haarlem (Bond no 9), Tobacco Oud (Tom Ford), and Winter Woods (Sonoma Scent Studio), among others.

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015
I also generally fall into the camp of wearing pretty much anything at anytime from my wardrobe, as my climate is conducive to it really. But I can say, surprisingly to me, that Dior Homme Intense (specifically produced 2013 and before, and especially from a 2007 decant!) was a standout through the end of 2022. It even became my most worn fragrance of the year, though not acquiring it until the 4th quarter. Those that know me know that DHI isn’t my typical style of fragrance. And in 2016/17, when I was first introduced to it, I didn’t care for it. I respected it but all that really stood out to me at that time was it smelling like my wife’s makeup. I’m sure I said some ugly things about DHI along the way. But my 2013 bottle is another animal and VERY enjoyable to wear. And silver collar DHI is a masterpiece! Unfortunately silver collar DHI is way overpriced and I will remain happy having early production decants to periodically enjoy.

Mr. dB

Jul 12, 2022
This cold winter I've been wearing a ton of Sauvage Elixir, Amouage Interlude, Versace Oud Noir, Montale Honey Aoud, Varvatos Vintage, Margiela By the Fireplace, and Creed Viking. Lots of stuff sprinkled in between, but these are the ones I'm reaching for over and over.

Hugh V.

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 9, 2016
I prefer to wear fresh summer-type fragrances for the cold winter. It complements the cold weather, and makes them feel even fresher.

Issey Miyake
It's too peppery/powdery in the dry down for sunny weather, but I feel that the cold chill pushes against that, and it's the equivalent of a margarita.

'78 Vintage Green
The vetiver is still a bit warm or heavy for summer wear, imo. Chilly weather, just right.

Grey Flannel
The ideal scent for cold, rainy, or overcast weather.

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021
I rotate pretty heavily no matter the season, but I suppose I’ve been focused on a few notes and styles in the colder months - incense, immortelle, labdanum-heavy ambers, and leathery chypres. Specifically:

Incense - CdG Black, CdG Avignon, Bentley Absolute, Parfum d’Empire Wazamba

Immortelle - Lutens La Participe Passé, Lutens L’Innommable, Lutens Chene, Goutal Sables (need a bottle of this one)

Labdanum-heavy ambers - Lutens Ambre Sultan, Lutens La Couche du Diable

Leathery chypres - Caron Yatagan, Aramis cologne, Aramis Devin, Gres Cabochard

Ifti

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 5, 2016
Apart from the standard winter lovelies I enjoyed
Noir Patchouli HdP
Black Suede Avon
Drakkar Intense GL
Eucris GFT
Black Label Leather Monotheme

Monotheme Vetiver is one that spanned seasons. Jolly good stuff!

Noticeably missing from action this winter.. Polo. 😮

Zenwannabee

Sep 15, 2009
Some fab suggestions here. I concur with those who wear all their scents year-round. But some of my favorite fall/winters are:

—Terre d’Hermes EDT and Parfum
—Giorgio for Men
—Dior Homme Intense
—Dior Homme 2020
—Jaipur EDP
—Obsession
—Antaeus
—Bleu de Chanel EDT
—Boucheron PH EDP and EDT
—Shalimar EDT and EDP
—Bottega Veneta PH
—Michael Jordan Legend
—Black Suede
—Zino
—Drakkar Noir
—Dirty English
—Armaf CDNIM

Profcool

Basenotes Member
Jun 14, 2015
Checking back on my most worn chart over the last 3 months and it appears mainly Roja has prevailed :-

Manhattan - 8 wears
Enigma - 6 wears
Amber Aoud - 4 wears
Sweetie Aoud - 4 wears
PDM Layton - 4 wears

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...