what do you use your fragrances for?

Sep 18, 2022
today from scent bird i got a perfume that i would never wear...but it kinda worked for activating or anointing my tarot deck...i could use it to set a mood when i want to go into a trance or something...

other than wearing it on your self/woredrobe or as a room freshener what are some ways you've used perfume?

sleep is anohter one for me

i'm not in school but i could see using it as a concentration tool etc

whoame

Basenotes Member
Jan 15, 2022
What a great question! I tend to wear less and less perfume on my skin as I rarely get along with one so well as to get through a whole wearing, which takes at least a day in most cases. I’ve been doing strip testing recently, so different strips are placed all over the house. It’s interesting to discover them many times throughout the day this way, it’s a different perspective. And I don’t intenionally use perfume as a tool for anything.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I spray a bunch of perfume on my hands and arms and smell them up close. A couple times people have asked me if I'm ok. On video calls, I've realized I've been smelling my wrists while other people are talking, and I've tried to cut back. My mind forgets that work people aren't Basenoters.

_Nicolas_

Aug 16, 2021
Often use them for relaxation and sleep, sometimes to just create a change in consciousness or meditative state which is a similar way of utilising them really, Guerlain's L'Heure Bleue EDP or Papillon's Dryad are ones I use for that purpose quite often. Looking at fine art and watching non-narrative documentaries puts me in a similar meditative state (such as the work of Ron Fricke), using fragrances is just a different way of getting there and leaves more to my imagination, in a similar way to how some music does. :)

Quay Limey

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 1, 2020
I spray a bunch of perfume on my hands and arms and smell them up close. A couple times people have asked me if I'm ok. On video calls, I've realized I've been smelling my wrists while other people are talking, and I've tried to cut back. My mind forgets that work people aren't Basenoters.
Ditto, though not on video calls.

Perhaps time to return to having a handkerchief hanging from one's sleeve, doused in the SOTD...

underground

Basenotes Member
Mar 9, 2022
today from scent bird i got a perfume that i would never wear...but it kinda worked for activating or anointing my tarot deck...i could use it to set a mood when i want to go into a trance or something...

other than wearing it on your self/woredrobe or as a room freshener what are some ways you've used perfume?

sleep is anohter one for me

i'm not in school but i could see using it as a concentration tool etc
coping with the life, the world. at the end of the day we all running from the inevitable

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
what do you use your fragrances for?
On skin, for my own pleasure.

No perfumed detergent, no room, or car perfumes.
I choose even the hand soaps (liquid and solid) and the shampoo based on how less scented they are.
When I take something to the cleaning services (duvet, blanket, jacket, or whatever), I ask not to use any perfume at all.

Latest News