What did you NOT buy today?

DeeOlive

Nov 5, 2007
Since we have a thread on what folks decided to buy - thought I'd start one for those of us who are attempting to restrain our purchases :D

I've been filling my shopping cart with goodies at online sites - then "poof" deleting the whole thing and feeling very proud of me.

Today I went to the mall to drop off some packages at the P.O. and low and behold some guy has opened a fragrance stand - stuffed with discontinued frags (kind of like the stock in the discount stores in NYC) but I will now pat myself on the back - I didn't buy anything. I looked. I asked for prices (he was way overpriced - wanted 92.00 for 3.4 oz bottle of Diorella) . I spent an hour looking. Walked away. :bounce:

So today, at the mall - I didn't buy Femme, Diorella, Diorissimo, Dune, & Shalimar in the gold box.

I did not purchase online - Tocadilly, Casmir by Chopard EdP or Beyond Paradise (they were in my shopping cart) :p

tang

Nov 17, 2006
Short answer: EVERYTHING. :D

Ok...
Paco Rabanne Black XS
PDR Bois de Paradis
Anné Pliska
Profumum Thundra
Fifi Chachnil
Parfumerie Generale Un Crime Exotique
Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Etc., etc.

My impulsiveness is held in check by my indecision.

Last edited:

Sestra

Jul 3, 2006
I managed not to buy Habanita parfum today. Considering the price it wasn't hard not to buy it, but I also turned down Ambre Russe by Parfum d'Empire, and Vetiver by Creed.

It's harder to walk away in real life than it is to press the 'back' button online. When they are in front of you with all that gleaming glass winking at you, the smell of it still in your nostrils, it takes some discipline to say no.

I was very glad afterwards that I held back. My credit card statement will look bad enough as it is.

Last edited:

Tavorna

Dec 26, 2007
Every day I resist running over to the mall after work before it closes.... to buy a $29 bottle of Sun, Moon, Stars. I don't even know what it smells like, but the descriptions sound lovely! For such a bargain price it's hard to resist just going for it and buying blind! I've been controlling myself so far by going STRAIGHT home.

hirch_duckfinder

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 8, 2006
Great thread :D.

today I did not buy Villoresi's wild Lavender. That makes for two days in a row. Trouble is, there is always tomorrow.....:eek:

limboleo

Dec 21, 2007
I didn't buy L'heure bleue! I had it in my shopping cart and removed it last minute! I've spent enough on fragrances this week as it is. Problem is - there are just SO many that I desperately want and it is just too easy to buy online! I'm going to have to resist the temptation for a while!

gupts

Aug 6, 2006
Great thread!!

Well i am restraining myself from cheaply buying

LV Piper Nigrum
LV Uomo

& also MPG Parfum D'habit

I let go a bottle on ebay the other day but i am still dilly dallying on it.......but i won't

gupts

eek909

Dec 6, 2007
I did not buy the giganto bottle of Chanel Les Exclusifs Bois des Iles, even though I smelled Bois des Iles the other day and the earth shook, it was that great of a smell.

But I did buy a decant!

spicegirl

Jan 30, 2007
Montale - Oriental Dream
Guerlain -Vol de Nuit Evasion
Montale - Blue Amber
Hermes - Ambre Narguile
Lutens - Cuir Mauresque
Lutens - Chergui bell jar (when my bttl. runs out)
Caron - Alpona

I removed about 20 others from my full bttl. list, so these are the ones I really want. I've almost ordered them a few times but came to my senses at the last minute. I need to use up some of my other juice before I order more, although I did order bttls. of Kai oil and L'sTBL. Had to have them!
The Kai edp spray didn't last on me, but loved the scent so much I got the much longer lasting oil! :eek:

Last edited:

pellen

Sep 20, 2006
Last night, in the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep, I didn't buy Poussiere de Rose and Twill Rose by Rosine, nor did I buy Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri. But I will someday buy the Loukhoum, for sure.

Brielle87

Oct 8, 2007
I did not by Candide Effluve by Guerlain, I need to pay for school books, and have money to live on. Actually the price of it would be one of my school semesters. Let's see Grad degree, or parfum; tough choice for me;)

shadesofbleu

The power of bleu
Basenotes Plus
Jun 3, 2005
I spent at least an hour (but who's counting?) on Fishbone's decant site last night ... I made a list and made the calculator smoke :eek: then I crossed off several, but couldn't make any more cuts ... so I didn't buy anything ... yet anyway. :rolleyes:

caviglia

Dec 7, 2007
I spent at least an hour (but who's counting?) on Fishbone's decant site last night ... I made a list and made the calculator smoke :eek: then I crossed off several, but couldn't make any more cuts ... so I didn't buy anything ... yet anyway. :rolleyes:

Sounds like my evening last night too, spent between Fishbone and Perfumed Court. :D Had a Word document with all my Fishbone stuff in it, then trashed the whole thing. ("OK, I think I can afford all this if I *don't* spring for spray vials...")
...and Scentiments and Perfume Bay. Just trying to get my wardrobe a good size, for all occasions, at a price I can afford. Eau de Cartier is nice for now, but I'd like something...more winter-friendly for work.

So much to try, so little money/vacation.

lookingglass

Dec 6, 2007
I bought 2 bottles this month (bad me! but one was with birthday money so that dosn't count, right?). Anyway...I was going to get a little bottle of Chantilly just because I love it, and it is so cheap, but I didn't. I almost pulled into the drugstore just for it. Save.

Somewhere in the drydown of my Mitsouko wearing today (darling M, I love you, and am sorry that I called out another's name, but I must confess...) I was reminded of Chanel #5 (was it the vertiver?). I love how it is deep and sophisticated but sparkley at the same time. I think it would really have made the rainy day a little brighter... looking at the day through the kelidoscope of aldyhides (OMG spelling, sorry). I haven't had a bottle for years...

Must...resist...

Zibeline

Jun 24, 2006
I avoided a big Mitsouko hoarding spree today...but if I did not already have an spare it would have been impossible.

I also walked out of a fragrance outlet empty handed!

Yay! (So I deserve a heavily discounted bottle of Tocadilly, right?)

Therese

Nov 24, 2006
Well, I still haven't bought Ambre Sultan. I know that I need it, but I don't lust for it. But that bit of restraint does not make up for my recent order with Lucyscent. Not at all.

Twolf

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 26, 2005
Catching myself opening this thread with the same interest as the one that we tell all what we DID buy. :D

Keep them coming, please!

tvlampboy

Sep 5, 2006
Talked myself out of a PdN frag today, too -- Maharadjah. I can't decide if I adore or am simply very fond of this odd lavender/Eastern spice mixture. (These days, I pretty much have to LOVE a frag to buy it.)

Quarry

Doing the BN salute
Basenotes Plus
Aug 9, 2005
Guerlain With Love
Guerlain Terracotta Voile d'Ete
Annick Goutal Mandragore
Hove Rue Royale
Samples from The Fragrance Shop

But I think about this e-v-e-r-y day.

Bad thread. Very bad thread.
Maybe good thread. Very good thread.
MWAH! to fairy godmother ComDiva
bsexcited.gif

voiled%27ete.jpeg

Margareta

Jan 14, 2006
Every time I go into a perfumery store, I don´t buy a lot of fumes! But, of course, there are always some I don´t buy more planed than others.

Today I didn´t bought:

My SJP Lovely has turned bad, and has to be removed. I will not buy it again as long as I have Narsico Rodrigues for Her EdP. NRfH also have more body-products in the stores in Sweden, so I might stick to that one.

Shalimar - my great perfume-love during winter 2006-2007... And the bottle fell into the floor in spring 2007, and was broken. I have not got it again, it is a little, little too sweet for me. I have the bodylotion and the deo, and it goes a far way if I must wear it! Didn´t buy it today, either...

Fendi Palazzo - too sharp on my skin!

Rochars Femme - not beautiful on my skin!

Chrystal Noir - a really fun fume, I could own this one, but I don´t buy it today!

Marc Jacobs Blush Intense - I like this one. Perhaps I will buy it in the future, but didn´t bought it today. Got a sample, so I can try it.

cailan

Dec 23, 2007
I didn't buy a full bottle of Givenchy Pi, although I love wearing it. Working on the mini bottle and the other fragrance samples fellow bn'rs have sent me. Trying to hold out as long as I can:)

Wordbird

May 30, 2006
Oh this is a brilliant thread! I so often ffeel guilty about buying perfume that this will help me feel good about NOT buying something on impulse.
But today I did buy some stuff, so...

Tomorrow I will be strong. I will resist the temptation to cruise ebay.

SculptureOfSoul

Jul 2, 2005
Everyday that goes by it becomes a little bit harder not to buy myself a nice large bottle of Viktor and Rolf's masterpiece (you heard it here first!) Antidote.

This will become MUCH more difficult once my mini runs out. :(

Last edited:

sakecat22

Aug 27, 2007
Beautyhabit had a sale, then some great samples with purchase.

This month, I found myself staring at the Serge Lutens page at least 10 times.

Thankfully - indecision (and lack of money) has stopped me each time.

Tavorna

Dec 26, 2007
Yesterday I jumped on strawberrynet again and created a big shopping list

Pink Sugar 50mL
Hanae Mori 50mL (blind buy)
Hanae Mori Magic Moon 30mL (blind buy)
Angel 25mL
Dior Addict 50mL
Flowerbomb 30mL
Gucci Rush 20mL
SIlver Shadow 50mL (for my man on Valentines day)

After looking in horror at that giant list's pricetag at the end, I one by one delete an item and check the new price until I'm left with about 4 I simply cannot remove from the list! I'm holding myself back because I really shouldn't spend the money, and because I want to test the blind buys before I buy... Also, the Australian dollar keeps getting better, so every few days I'll notice the price of these has gone down by about 50c to $1. Maybe if I keep waiting and holding out, the price will go down even more! I just hope the Aussie dollar doesn't suddenly bomb out in value.... Then I'd be really sad. :(

DeeOlive

Nov 5, 2007
I'm trying not to push a button. So I'm typing this here. I see Parfum d"Empire - Ambre Russe on sale for 88.00. I want this I want this. But I won't push the button. I'll save 37.00 if I push the button.

But I will have spent 88.00. so I won't push the button.
Than you for letting me share :eek:

yoyaluvko

Dec 10, 2007
Escada pour homme.

I saw a full sized bottle on sale, and knowing from here (BN) that its a good frag, wanted to grab it there and then. But, decided to buy a mini instead to find out first how it fares on me. See, I am learning how to buy frags now. Unfortunately, I still do BB's and IB's*

* Blind buys/Impulse buys ( You just can't take the fun out of it! )....Now, BN, what have you done!lol

Last edited:

plumeria

Mar 27, 2004
I love this thread! DeeOlive, it's the sales that are the hardest for me to resist, so I can totally relate. But your reasoning is perfect. You're saving $88 :)

Just this evening I was in the drugstore. They're having a sale and I didn't see anything I wanted, except for a Tommy Hilfiger fragrance named "T". I remember really enjoying a sample I had of this. It was on sale for only $15, and I was tempted to break my no-buy. But I resisted. Now that I think of it, I think the fragrance I tried was actually called "T Girl", so it may not have even been the right fragrance.

Brielle87

Oct 8, 2007
Liu by Guerlain
I was at the last little squirt from my bottle, and was going to break down and call the Champs Elysees boutique. But then I went through my backup drawer, and found my last Liu 100 ml spray edt...BINGO! Saved myself $200+, along with shipping cost.

Also, found my 5th backup of Apres l'ondee, no clue why I have so many...hello ebay, here it comes.

tdi

Aug 5, 2006
Lunch! I was supposed to go out to lunch with friends today and that would have set me back $25.....so that means I am 1/4 of the way to saving for a bottle of something decent....I am very creative with math , it gets me in BIG trouble.

Margareta

Jan 14, 2006
I did not buy Prada Infusion d`Iris today. But I am thinking a lot of it.

Perhaps I will do with this frag as I just have done with Narsico Ridriguez for Her EdP - I get it a year after it was "hot", trendy...

Latest News