What did you do in Perfumery today?

polysom

Apr 4, 2021
Let us know if you figure out something cool to do with grisalva! I recent obtained some & no idea what to do with it.
I will, but actually I find it quite hard to smell. Either I am anosmic to it or it saturates my nose very quickly. Tested at 1% on skin.

Edit: Ok, I can smell it if I don't smell directly on it. Smells very nice, ambery, woody, fresh.

Last edited:

mnitabach

Nov 13, 2020
Today I was reminded of how deceptively powerful amyl salicylate is. Been working on my fougère for the next contest & it's doing very well with amyl salicylate at 25 ppt. Just for the heck of it, I reduced it to 15 ppt & it's a totally different fragrance, from opening to long drydown. Both are really nice, but very very different!

polysom

Apr 4, 2021
I've tested some Sandalwood Givco on skin and I need to say, I don't really like it. It does not much remind me to my Indian Santalum album Sandalwood EO. It reminds me more to my Amyris EO.

Hazel_

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2021
Today I did a round of edits on a formula based around a propolis tincture, and I think I'm finally happy with it! To me, the propolis smells a bit like cola when very diluted, it has that dark caramel spice thing going on. So I decided months ago, like a madwoman, that I wanted to do something with propolis + citrus (think a cuba libre). At some point—version 7, maybe?—the citrus turned more specifically into grapefruit (it was just more interesting than lime to me... but I love grapefruit).

Now it's macerating, we'll see if I still like it in a week.

RSG

Nov 26, 2016
Received 200$ for my birthday and I'm very excited for the perfume spree to come!! As a side note does anyone have experience with recent offerings at perfumers apprentice anything I should absolutely get? Taking recommendations from anyone for any store though lol Tell me what you love!!

Latest News