What did you buy today? (2023)

Z_LiDs

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 6, 2021
Chanel - Egoiste & Cuir de Russie

Egoiste - First wearing. Classy woody base with some sour dirty vanilla sweetness. Very unique scent and quite potent. Wonderful.

Cuir de Russie - Finally, a leather fragrance I can wear. Smells like getting my my grandmas old Mercedes convertible. A very easy wear, quite enjoyable. Unisex.

View attachment 319667
nice buy! congratulations

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Vision Énigmatique de L'œil du Désir by Dali Haute Parfumerie 100ml EDP
197937_9d32404bf1a2728ed8f8e9f6707cffa0_vision-enigmatique-de-l-oeil-du-desir.jpg

No idea what the fragrance is like but I like that bottle!

Professor Value

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 5, 2019
VERY EXCITED! I had to set my alarm for 11:10 PM to wake up and bid for the win. I'm a huge Azzaro Pour Homme fan, purchased a mini bottle of Intense a little bit ago, and really liked it, but it's a unicorn that comes at a high price (I currently see only one NIB for sale at $198.98). However, I paid just $28.15, including shipping, for this partial bottle. 🖤

AZZARO POUR HOMME INTENSE (original)

Screenshot_20230124-075123~2.png

Sep 29, 2022
Swear, my smells great for 10 seconds and then it's a skin scent at best. 🙄
I received the vintage in the mail yesterday and tested it. It was a headrush of good memories. This is the CK be I remember.

CK Be's most notable accords to me are: minty-lavender; dewy green freesia-magnolia; a sexy peach skin; and lashings of clean laundry musk. It is VERY 90's - think The Smashing Pumpkins, "heroin chic," Kate Moss, Portishead, the very early years of the internet...

CK be was never a loud perfume, but it was long-lasting, especially on clothes (it seemed to never go away). I probably love it so much because I have so many memories attached to it. But for what it's worth, Professor, there is one more bottle left of the vintage I bought from the same seller on eBay... $29 shipped.

s-l1600-7_25.jpg

The Cologne Cabinet

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 22, 2014
VERY EXCITED! I had to set my alarm for 11:10 PM to wake up and bid for the win. I'm a huge Azzaro Pour Homme fan, purchased a mini bottle of Intense a little bit ago, and really liked it, but it's a unicorn that comes at a high price (I currently see only one NIB for sale at $198.98). However, I paid just $28.15, including shipping, for this partial bottle. 🖤

View attachment 319977
I saw that listing. Don't think people realized it was the vintage Intense since they didn't put it in the description. Nice score!

Hothamwater

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 25, 2012
I received the vintage in the mail yesterday and tested it. It was a headrush of good memories. This is the CK be I remember.

CK Be's most notable accords to me are: minty-lavender; dewy green freesia-magnolia; a sexy peach skin; and lashings of clean laundry musk. It is VERY 90's - think The Smashing Pumpkins, "heroin chic," Kate Moss, Portishead, the very early years of the internet...

CK be was never a loud perfume, but it was long-lasting, especially on clothes (it seemed to never go away). I probably love it so much because I have so many memories attached to it. But for what it's worth, Professor, there is one more bottle left of the vintage I bought from the same seller on eBay... $29 shipped.

s-l1600-7_25.jpg

Just snagged (presumably) the last bottle. Thanks for the heads up.

For anyone else wanting a vintage CK Be from the same seller, at the same price, there’s another listing on ebay. I think this version we bought, with the capitalized text on the bottle label, without “Unilever” is slightly older, though.

woodnotes55

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 27, 2016
some Tuscan Soul minis. older Bourdon release with Erolfa-esque top notes over a green herbal, floral sort of base. a very natural smelling, Italian themed citrus though unsurprisingly fleeting.
Own this too.... quite a few scents people complain about performance I do very well with. This is the opposite, one of the worst. Sometimes I enjoy it and other times it seems to almost completely vanish very quickly. Particularly in warmer weather which fits the profile. This is one that probably over half the times I wear it I think I should sell it, but so far just have not found the time or willpower to actually sell anything..... but if I do!! it might be in trouble!

Sep 29, 2022
Just snagged (presumably) the last bottle. Thanks for the heads up.

For anyone else wanting a vintage CK Be from the same seller, at the same price, there’s another listing on ebay. I think this version we bought, with the capitalized text on the bottle label, without “Unilever” is slightly older, though.

come back and tell us how you like it when it arrives

masonjarjar

Basenotes Junkie
Dec 27, 2007

View attachment 319977
That’s sweet! Congrats! I love a good steal..

Professor Value

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 5, 2019
So, file this under, "What was he thinking?"
I am a big fan of Azzaro Pour Homme and have plenty of vintage and newer. This popped up online, I submitted a low offer, and it was just accepted: $12.70 including shipping. I was intrigued by it being an EDP and sometimes clones are very good, with a slightly different, attractive twist (e.g., Jordache version of Quorum). I cannot find any reviews. We'll see. 🤞

AZUR

View attachment 319578

Worse. Decision. Ever. (Smells like a weak APH and performance is eau de fraicher level. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...