375x500.78750.jpg
375x500.78751.jpg
375x500.78746.jpg
375x500.78747.jpg

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015
Not at all looking to purchase this but simply because it’s the first time I’ve seen any version of Encre Noir in the wild I dropped the $29.99 on…
4E5162F8-5039-4001-B2D0-9ECFED196541.jpeg

Out of the gate, what I mainly smell is vetiver essential oil. That same thick resinous earthy smell you get from opening a bottle of quality essential oil. That is the dominant note for a good 30 minutes before the rest of the notes really can be appreciated. Incense plays in the background with the feel of a light end aromatic that has a slightly searing quality about it. After about an hour the fragrance hits its finale and settles into a patchouli Sandalwood fragrance with a dominant earthy vetiver accord. Very well blended. A well mixed and controlled execution of oils that can be abrasive if left to their own merits. Especially in a product that’s not using top tier fragrance oils due to cost control. This fragrance doesn’t light any fire in me but is enjoyable enough. Would be a perfect compliment to being suited up and out for the evening, as it has a touch of class about it and wears close as it’s an eau de parfum. Anyone who loves vetiver essential oil will enjoy this fragrance, and perhaps even love it. At $30, it’s a good buy and arguably more interesting than fragrances far more expensive. 👍

Sep 29, 2022
Small rant: I am really beginning to dislike LuckyScent. Customer service is just bad.
  • No free returns - you have to pay to ship items back yourself.
  • but first you have to email them to get a "return approval." All this for a new-in-cellophane item mind you.
  • They won't accept returns in store.
  • Prices are often 20% - 30(!)% higher on LS than on a brand's website - this is especially true for many European houses.
  • Perhaps most importantly, they have a near monopoly on many brands, meaning I often "have" to shop there. I shudder to think what kind of negotiating power they have when they work with brands...

donna255

Basenotes Institution
Jul 16, 2004
There is a Molton Brown store facing my Sainsbury in the mall, so down to the end of the sale decided to have a nose. Lifted a hand cream set and the SA having problems with the till as the store just opened. Had a look around whilst he tried to fit the till, ended up buying

Milk Musk Eau de Toilette
Molton Brown

All their 50ml EDTs are on sale. I own the bath and body lotion in this one and love it. Soft cosy though why not?

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...