What did you buy today? (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad34

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 3, 2022
You’re my hero.

I got mine for $300 ☹️
I guess I was just in the right place at the right time, but I am happy for you to acquire one, I know they were a limited batch (not quite sure), I'm sure they would sell fairly well if they were added to the Shalimar collection on a more permanent basis. I know the same thing happened with the newest flanker, Shamilar Tonka as well.

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
I guess I was just in the right place at the right time, but I am happy for you to acquire one, I know they were a limited batch (not quite sure), I'm sure they would sell fairly well if they were added to the Shalimar collection on a more permanent basis. I know the same thing happened with the newest flanker, Shamilar Tonka as well.

Yes, from what I understand, this flanker was limited (I’m not familiar with the Tonka), which drove the price sky high after the availability waned.

I agree! They should make it a more permanent offering.

Pippin06

Life is good.
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2017
Officially retired from acquiring new perfume--full bottles and samples. First year in a while that perfume isn't on my Christmas or birthday gift wish list. My wife is happy about this decision, and so am I. Going to in fact reduce my collection to 7--one for each day.

One might ask why this would continue to hang out on Basenotes regularly. The answer is mainly the interesting threads in "The Lounge" and my several Basenotes friends that are a pleasure to keep in contact with.

Last edited:

kosui no kaori

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2022
Officially retired from acquiring new perfume--full bottles and samples. First year in a while that perfume isn't on my Christmas or birthday gift wish list. My wife is happy about this decision, and so am I. Going to in fact reduce my collection to 7--one for each day.

One might ask why this guy would still want to spend some time on Basenotes regularly. The answer is mainly the interesting threads in "The Lounge" and my several Basenotes friends that are a pleasure to keep in contact with.

So glad that you’re staying! You also give great fragrance advice.

I guess this is more of a “what did I not buy today” 😆

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021

One might ask why this guy would still want to spend some time on Basenotes regularly. The answer is mainly the interesting threads in "The Lounge" and my several Basenotes friends that are a pleasure to keep in contact with.
Very much respect this decision! Out of curiosity, which 7 will be the keepers? I assume Aramis and Chanel Pour Monsieur will be in rotation.

Pippin06

Life is good.
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2017
Very much respect this decision! Out of curiosity, which 7 will be the keepers? I assume Aramis and Chanel Pour Monsieur will be in rotation.
LOL--You know we well my friend! :)

1. aramis (vintage 2000 and current)
2. Chanel Pour Monsieur edp
3. Chanel for Men (circa 1980)
4. Chanel Egoiste
5. Guerlain Habit Rouge edt
6. Guerlain Heritage edt
7. Guerlain Vetiver edt

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021

4. Chanel Egoiste
6. Guerlain Heritage edt
7. Guerlain Vetiver edt
So glad to see Egoiste makes the cut! Really can't beat that selection - all classics, but you've got all your bases covered.

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021
Welp. I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, and I finally tracked down a good price on a bottle I've been desperate to try... Serge Lutens Chene. Per the listed notes at fragrantica: oak, birch, rum, cedar, immortelle, beeswax, caraway, black thyme, and tonka.

Between this, La Participe Passe, and L'Innommable, my immortelle needs should be met for the rest of my natural life. (Though I suppose I could still use a bottle of 1740...)

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
- Guerlain Shalimar Millesime Vanilla Planifolia

- Dior Sakura FB.
Thats great, I know that many sellers are asking a fortune for that particular bottle now, I think I bought mine for like 120 when it was first released and saw yesterday that someone sellers were asking for as much as 350-375. My jaw dropped to say the least.
Thank you!!

I ended up reaching out to the handful of trusted sellers that I frequent, to see if any of them could secure one/had a bottle amongst their stock, instead of choosing the few that were readily on the internet (which weren’t many!), and one of them answered back with a yes - so I feel really good about the purchase and a lot more confident with it 🙂
$120!!!! I wish 😩
I was lucky and ordered it the day it was released on the Guerlain website.
$120 that's not something you'll likely to find ever again. You might see $200-$250 but that's becoming very rare now.

chad34

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 3, 2022

4. Chanel Egoiste
6. Guerlain Heritage edt
7. Guerlain Vetiver edt
Thats fantastic @Pippin06, good for you and glad you're staying here with us.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Roja Elysium Parfum Cologne last night while on the bed. I think she enjoyed the smell as well, so she can use also!

s4GdAIi.png

Last edited:

d r e

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 24, 2018
Samples:

Creed Aventus Cologne:
Tried in store and thought it smelled really nice. Like Aventus' opening on VpH's base

LMG Hazelnut L'Hun:
Also tried in store and thought it was good, should be a safe sample.

Xerjoff Naxos:
Heard enough about it, time to try. I didn't really care for Pure Havane but supposedly this is different enough.

Lavanila Pure Vanilla:
Tried the Lavanila Grapefruit Vanilla and liked the dry down so figure I'll give this a go

RawM.I.A.

Wait, What's That Smell?!
Basenotes Plus
Jan 25, 2017
gSrhOC2.jpg

MFK APOM Pour Homme

aoJoUMt.jpg

MFK Lumière Noire Pour Femme

wg7iWff.png

MFK Absolue Pour le Soir(Back-Up)

AGx6T8H.jpg

MFK Oud Velvet Mood(Back-Up)

JM0B5wR.jpg

MFK Oud Cashmere Mood(Back-Up)

Major Thanks & Appreciation to @Mudassir for helping me acquire the rest of this haul!

JmPhXfo.jpg

Roja Parfums Parfum de la Nuit 1

FTPpcXB.jpg

Roja Parfums Qatar(100 ml)

5D7yI7x.png

Amouage Silver Oud(Back-Up)

osR6doz.jpg

Armani Prive Cuir Majeste
(Sadly I think this has been discontinued, so very happy to find a bottle!)

YeFlxzr.jpg

Xerjoff Begum(Back-Up)

3VYvFlb.jpg

Dior Privé Oud Ispahan (2014 Batch)
(Been looking for this for a very long time!)

n81LqR3.jpg

Clive Christian Vision In A Dream Psychedelic(Back-Up)

cnjQARn.jpg

Dior Privee Eau Noire 2022(Back-Up)

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
gSrhOC2.jpg

MFK APOM Pour Homme

aoJoUMt.jpg

wg7iWff.png

AGx6T8H.jpg

JM0B5wR.jpg

Major Thanks & Appreciation to @Mudassir for helping me acquire the rest of this haul!

JmPhXfo.jpg

FTPpcXB.jpg

5D7yI7x.png

osR6doz.jpg

YeFlxzr.jpg

Xerjoff Begum(Back-Up)

3VYvFlb.jpg

n81LqR3.jpg

cnjQARn.jpg

Now that's more my style! Enjoy! :)

ChypreInBloom

Jun 1, 2022
gSrhOC2.jpg

MFK APOM Pour Homme

aoJoUMt.jpg

wg7iWff.png

AGx6T8H.jpg

JM0B5wR.jpg

JmPhXfo.jpg

FTPpcXB.jpg

5D7yI7x.png

osR6doz.jpg

YeFlxzr.jpg

Xerjoff Begum(Back-Up)

3VYvFlb.jpg

n81LqR3.jpg

cnjQARn.jpg

Umph, what kind of a haul is that? It's massive - and fantastic!!!

RawM.I.A.

Wait, What's That Smell?!
Basenotes Plus
Jan 25, 2017
That was impressive @RawM.I.A. surprised you were still able to find velvet mood, haven't seen that in forever. Nice work sir!
Thnx @chad34, & trust me finding Oud Velvet & Oud Cashmere brand new was extremely difficult & expensive, picked up a couple bottles of each to make sure I never run out!

DoctorM81

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 26, 2011
Ok, did not buy it, but today I received it as gift
a 60ml of La Nuit de l'Homme from colleague
Always was hesitant to buy it myself, but now I am happy to have it :)
Congrats - a fragrance well worth owning IMO. One of the few I've finished a bottle of in the last decade or so.

(ok, it was a travel size, but still...!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...