What did you buy today? (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freewheelingvagabond

Basenotes Institution
Jun 10, 2012
Lalique Or Intemporel - Blind buy, based on BN discussion & reviews, plus a particular YT reviewer's recommendation.

Estee Lauder Azuree - Been on my wish list forever, plus I've been sort of disappointed with several designer and niche purchases this year (mostly blind buys) as they don't have the vintage vibe that I've been craving often these days. The newer formulation generally gets favourable reviews, and the Black Friday sale on the Lauder website was hard to resist.

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020
Ahhh, I need to stop looking at the local "Craigslist" – just snagged a 95/100ml bottle of Seven Veils by Byredo for a very good price.

Ykwddax.jpg

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
Yeah, that’s what made me jump on it. I’m in no rush but I’ll add a bottle of Eyey Close once my 5ml dries up. Congrats on your purchase, which one did you get?
I haven't tried eyes closed yet..
I almost left with slow dance but at the last minute I changed my mind for Bibliotheque. I got like ten samples though.

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020
I haven't tried eyes closed yet..
I almost left with slow dance but at the last minute I changed my mind for Bibliotheque. I got like ten samples though.

I really like Eyes Closed but I can see it being quite polarising. It’s very carrot/iris-cinnamon-ginger’ish, like a carrot cake. I was surprised to like it as much as I do, kind of my semi-guilty pleasure, haha. I don’t remember if I’ve smelled Slow Dance or Bibliotheque, but I remember liking 1996 even though that was ages ago when I tried it. Enjoy your new addition!

d r e

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 24, 2018
I really like Eyes Closed but I can see it being quite polarising. It’s very carrot/iris-cinnamon-ginger’ish, like a carrot cake. I was surprised to like it as much as I do, kind of my semi-guilty pleasure, haha. I don’t remember if I’ve smelled Slow Dance or Bibliotheque, but I remember liking 1996 even though that was ages ago when I tried it. Enjoy your new addition!
Eyes closed sounds kinda cool I should've seen this before making an order haha.

Got more samples:

LMG Limoncello Sorbet
LMG Latte D'Or
LMG Bonbon Banane
Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit

Haven't tried any of these, but they all sound good. Congrats to everyone on their purchases as always

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
I was looking for a refill on Y le Parfum on a YSL Black Friday deal and hit a goldmine! I was able to get the whole set of Les Vestaires de Parfum edition couture — including TWO bottles of 24 Rue De L’Universite!! That has been out of stock everywhere for ages! (No, none of Les Vestaires were on sale.)

View attachment 312231
Wow that's impressive! They just brought the exclusives here like 6 months ago I haven't tried any yet but I'd like to sample tuxedo...

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
1996 is excellent. I can smell it on me the next day. It's the only fragrance from the classic lineup that's a bit pricier.
Could be the materials used or the fact that it has a coloured picture on the box.
It's a very christmasy scent if that makes sense. A bit like M7 .

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013

Maize & Blue

Basenotes Member
Sep 8, 2022
Prices on Creed are now we'll over 300eu and there isn't one I've tried that can justify the price tag for me personally. That bottle looks gorgeous by the way.
Usually I'm right there with you in terms of pricing with most Creed fragrances. The only reason I pulled the trigger this time was a deal going on for $195 for 100ml (188eu), and that sounded a lot better than the usual retail price of $470 (453eu).

Professor Value

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 5, 2019
Pulled the trigger on these two from FragranceX where I've purchased from before and very much like.
A kind and generous seller from a previous private sale included a sample of Virtu and I just like it very much (it reminds and puts me in the mind of spending a hotel weekend in NYC, for some reason).
Lapidus has been on my radar for a while and it's a blind buy, after researching. 🤞

VIRTU

1669831097779.png

LAPIDUS

1669831144598.png

Schubertian

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 8, 2021
Oh là là by Teo Cabanel. It's the only one from that brand I've liked, and I really like it.
I have to add, that I also went for L'Eau Scandaleuse by Anatole Lebreton. It comes with a travel spray of Perfumista.

In my defence I can only say I received a job offer I was hoping for (and I am also fully aware that normal people don't celebrate new jobs by immediately buying a couple of bottles of perfume.) 😜

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Congrats to all on the delicious purchases!

Nearing the bottom of a 75 ml of Chanel Beige edp, I got a new one. A cute sample of N°5 edp was thrown in the package.

This makes the 21st bottle of Beige, edt, edp or parfum, purchased since 2008. Now on hand: a 200 ml edp to be opened and parfum, and this new 75 will be backup.

80B7272A-9724-4BE2-A4D0-4E1FE4F37315.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...