What did you buy today? (2022)

Toxicon

Basenotes Dependent
May 29, 2021
In the Feminine Cheapies thread, @Toxicon mentioned SL Fils de Joie. I'm a sucker for jasmine and already own two of Uncle Serge's, A La Nuit and Sarrasins, so I needed the third one. Plus it was almost perfumemath free at Fragrancenet.
Hope it's a success! I'm not all that versed in this type of floral and can't really compare it to anything else, but I like it quite a bit thus far.

Oct 10, 2019
Hermes Bel Ami

bel-ami-eau-de-toilette--38274-front-1-300-0-1000-1000_b.jpg

JakeStiebs

Smell Good, Feel Good
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2010
Amber Fever Mancera 2.0 oz.
amber-fever.jpg

Purchased this one in the Old Town of Venice, Italy during my Mediterranean cruise vacation with friends. I don't remember the name of the store but I just happened upon it while walking through the town. It was a very small store where the store owner would help one customer at a time; I had to wait 15 minutes or so for the customer ahead of me before it was my turn, I was not allowed to touch any of the testers. I'm curious if this is normal practice? This Mancera is much softer than the other Manceras I have, but I really do enjoy the scent and find the note pyramid right up my alley. A good one for early fall and late spring in Minnesota.

Dior Homme (2020) Christian Dior 1.7 oz.
DiorHomme2019-452622_1024x1024.jpg

I smelled this one for the first time at Ulta this summer and really enjoyed it, never having tried the OG. Used the 37% off coupon at FN.

Chrome Intense Azzaro 1.7 oz.
Azzaro-Chrome-Intense-Edt-1.jpg

Procured this for a friend who lives life a couple bottles at a time. He had an $80 budget for 2 bottles, wanting the bottles to be on different parts of the spectrum. See below for the other bottle.

The One EdP Dolce & Gabbana 1.7 oz.
ca0f31b0-5bf9-4a37-b357-ee846b12937b.jpeg

Procured this for a friend who lives life a couple bottles at a time. He had an $80 budget for 2 bottles, wanting the bottles to be on different parts of the spectrum. See above for the other bottle.

Last edited:

firstascent

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 10, 2022
Kalan by Parfums de Marly
This one doesn’t get as much love it seems (reviews/YouTube) compared to the others in the PdM lineup, and I held off on trying it because of it. But I enjoy this one, and I love the bottle! Happy to add this one to the rest!
One note in here reminds me of something from Pegasus Exclusif, not sure which one though. They are very different perfumes overall but just one similar note.

Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford
Blind bought this because it’s difficult to find (in the U.S.) and I knew it would be somewhat of a challenging scent.
It’s decent, the dry down is definitely better.
This one for me isn’t something I’d want to just wear anytime/anywhere so I don’t see it getting a ton of use. At least for now. Very VERY different from my other “tobacco” perfumes (tobacco Vanille and Naxos) which I expected though.
From the note breakdown and the reviews I thought I’d like it more than I do though.

1664579551821.png

1664579617648.png

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...