Basenotes Plus
Jan 25, 2017
LqMFSLp.png

Frederic Malle Une Rose

JBHoren

I *am* smiling
Basenotes Plus
Apr 25, 2007
Blind Buy: Two 10-packs of Etro Heliotrope EDT (1.7ml/each). Ought to pair nicely with Cyril R. Salter Almond shave cream.

They'll fill-up a 30-ml bottle, with one left over as "backup". A good $50 investment. It's a shame that 30- and 50-ml sizes are rarely offered by mainstream houses... only by uber-expensive niche perfumers.

mixerscent

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 9, 2013
Handful of 2ml samples I’ve been curious about but not in a rush, unless I absolutely love one of them:

Mancera Cedrat Boise
Nishane Hacivat
Roja Parfum Elysium
Xerjoff Nio

Elysium Parfum and Nio are excellent, I found Elysium needed some time to age before the notes fully developed.

I ordered a few samples from Scent Split today.

Manos Gerakinis Sillage Royal
TF Noir Extreme
Ormonde Jayne Nawab Of Oudh Intensivo
Electimuss Imperium
Electimuss Black Caviar
Zegna Roman Wood

firstascent

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 10, 2022
Elysium Parfum and Nio are excellent, I found Elysium needed some time to age before the notes fully developed.

Nio is one of my favorites for the neroli note.

Just more reasons, that I didn't need, to be excited to smell this one. Which may be a bad thing if I Really like it, ha! I'm pretty short on fresh and summer scents and haven't found much to really wow me like many of my more Fall type fragrances.

Case in point, this (YSL Tuxedo) arrived today after much internal debate with myself! Actually @mixerscent helped push me over the edge on this one and I finally ordered it up last week :) quick spray on the wrist and I'm liking it a lot, thankfully since it was an expensive blind buy! Different than others I have, just the right amount of leather for my taste (I didn't like the stronger leather note in TF ombre leather EDP but loved ombre leather Parfum).

1658882726605.png

firstascent

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 10, 2022
2019 Layton. Lasts all day, projects well without being over the top, and stays a balanced all the way through. Very different to the current iteration. I can finally see what all the fuss was about.
Had you been specifically looking for 2019 or that’s just what you got?
I just got my first bottle of Layton although it’s much newer

Latest News