What did you buy today? (2022)

Daze

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 2, 2011
I originally sampled Reve d'Ossian from a friend's older bottle, fell in love instantly & ordered my own, the performance from his bottle was great.
Unfortunately my newer bottle had the same terrible performance as yours when it arrived.
I still adore the scent & hopefully my bottle will get stronger over time.

A month or so later I sampled Masque Milano's Mandala & was surprised how similar(to my nose) the incense note was to Reve d'Ossian, but with fruity notes & much better performance.

Give it a sample if you can.
Yeah, such a shame when these things happen, hopefully your bottle will get stronger with time. Thanks for the tip on Mandala, will check it out 👍

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Terre d'Hermes EdT 2006 batch code 100ml sealed! Woohoo!

I'm semi-assuming the seller is a Basenoter due to the info in the listing, lol.

NvwPn7w.png
Splendid. Do you keep some or all of the backups for this one?
Brécourt - Subversif
375x500.43493.jpg

Oliver & Co. - Resina
375x500.16656.jpg
Well done fanny(y)
Got a backup refill bottle of Mugler Angel EDT. Good service from Hudson’s Bay; ordered an Tuesday, received Thursday and free shipping. I was impressed.

Sounds like a nice investment. (y)

SmellSharpe

Dec 29, 2021
I had a great experience at my local Shoppers Drug Mart (huge Canadian chain) today. I don’t generally buy at B&M stores but SDM does a points thing where you get 30% of the purchase back, so I do buy brands that are rarely discounted heavily (Tom Ford, Dior, YSL, etc.) when I see this promo.

I was interested in trying TF Oud Minerale and Mandarino di Amalfi and a few other scents I went to check them out. The sales folks were surprisingly knowledgeable and I had a great time trying different scents, them trying different scents and talking about fragrances In general.

I really enjoyed Oud Minerale so left with a 30ml bottle. Small purchase but was treated like I spent a fortune. I was also given a bunch of good samples (a few Sauvage Elixers, YSL Y, Boss Bottled, etc.)

TLDR… in any case, I bought a 30ml bottle of TF Oud Minerale at a great price, had a great time with the SAs and left with a nice haul of free samples. Some of the big chains are worth visiting from time to time. 👍

49925B4E-4206-4092-A647-C96E305F863D.jpeg

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
I had a great experience at my local Shoppers Drug Mart (huge Canadian chain) today. I don’t generally buy at B&M stores but SDM does a points thing where you get 30% of the purchase back, so I do buy brands that are rarely discounted heavily (Tom Ford, Dior, YSL, etc.) when I see this promo.

I was interested in trying TF Oud Minerale and Mandarino di Amalfi and a few other scents I went to check them out. The sales folks were surprisingly knowledgeable and I had a great time trying different scents, them trying different scents and talking about fragrances In general.

I really enjoyed Oud Minerale so left with a 30ml bottle. Small purchase but was treated like I spent a fortune. I was also given a bunch of good samples (a few Sauvage Elixers, YSL Y, Boss Bottled, etc.)

TLDR… in any case, I bought a 30ml bottle of TF Oud Minerale at a great price, had a great time with the SAs and left with a nice haul of free samples. Some of the big chains are worth visiting from time to time. 👍

View attachment 212737

Congrats on the acquisition and the pleasant experience! It’s the same here in the Québec branch of Shoppers’ called Pharmaprix and it’s a pleasure to deal with the perfume SAs. Wishing you much enjoyment of your Oud Minérale.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Le Labo - Patchouli 24 100ml

I'm usually not that big on patchouli dominant scents, but this one just works for me. It's almost veering the line of 'too much' BBQ or something, BUT it just WORKS for me. It has sweetness, patchouli, and a cool 'texture' to it. Nice stuff. And strong!

Big shout out to DuNezDeBuzier whom provided a decant/sampling blind smelling game and without that I don't know if I'd ever bother seeking out Patchouli 24. :)

Qdr47Jd.png

FoxyBerry

Basenotes Member
Sep 7, 2021
Went a little cray cray this week. Expecting everything to arrive on Monday.

eBay (partial bottles):
original Nicolai Sacrebleu
vintage Ted Lapidus Creation

Mercari:
Shalimar eau legere (seems to be the last bottle in America anywhere?)

FragranceX:
Paloma Picasso edp
Jai Ose edp
Isabella Rossellini Manifesto mini
Courreges Empreinte edp (had never heard of this one; blind buy, but I love old lady chypres)

Latest News