What did you buy today? (2022)

Looters-delight

Dec 1, 2020
I like a good Vetiver, have been focused on Guerlain, but haven't pulled the trigger; I'm just not gaga over it and, man, I already have too may frags. :rolleyes:
Hi, Prof!
Guerlain's Vetiver was my first Vetiver in the ending 1970th!
I haven't liked this vetiver for a long time, because the formulations have changed x times over the decades.

Especially since the new Guerlain boss - Thierry Wasser - arrived, a lot of the classic fragrances have been changed - for the worse!

My 5 Vetiver recommendations to you:

Clean Reserve - Smoked Vetiver
Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
Karl Lagerfeld - Bois de Vétiver
Atelier Cologne - Vetiver Fatal
Carven - Vetiver

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
I like a good Vetiver, have been focused on Guerlain, but haven't pulled the trigger; I'm just not gaga over it and, man, I already have too may frags. :rolleyes:
Please do. Today. I'll be monitoring this thread and checking that you effectively did that purchase.:devilish:
(Guerlain Vetiver is one of my 5 fragrances for life).

badarun

Jan 15, 2013
Bought a 100ml tester refill bottle of Kilian Incense Oud and the below 2... Omar Sharif Pour Femme is phenomenal (so far, about an hour in)...

Attachments

• 20220103_143751_0000~2.png
    20220103_143751_0000~2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220103_143955_0000~2.png
    20220103_143955_0000~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220103_144134_0000~2.png
    20220103_144134_0000~2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220103_144322_0000~2.png
    20220103_144322_0000~2.png
    936.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220103_144436_0000~2.png
    20220103_144436_0000~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

Janjanjan

Oct 1, 2013
I went on a blind buying spree and now I'm waiting for some things in the mail:

Peu de Bete - because I have been on an animalic kick and the price was right

Vetiver Insolent - I read it smells like Sycomore and it was in stock at a discounter

Lá Panthere - I am dipping my toe into designer frags after almost 10 years exclusively niche and it's a chypre - also I smelled it on a woman like 6 years ago and she smelled great

Soir d Orient - I'm a sucker for smoke and rose and it got good reviews

These are all purchases I made without a test drive beforehand so should be interesting!

JakeStiebs

Smell Good, Feel Good
Basenotes Plus
Dec 26, 2010
Blind buy of the parfum after recently giving the original EDT another try. I tried the EDT many years ago and it didn't suit me at the time. Also used a 35% off coupon at FragranceNet with an additional $5 PayPal special.
fahrenheit-le-parfum-dior-bottle1.jpg

Last edited:

Professor Value

Feb 5, 2019
Hi, Prof!
Guerlain's Vetiver was my first Vetiver in the ending 1970th!
I haven't liked this vetiver for a long time, because the formulations have changed x times over the decades.

Especially since the new Guerlain boss - Thierry Wasser - arrived, a lot of the classic fragrances have been changed - for the worse!

My 5 Vetiver recommendations to you:

Clean Reserve - Smoked Vetiver
Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
Karl Lagerfeld - Bois de Vétiver
Atelier Cologne - Vetiver Fatal
Carven - Vetiver
Thank you!

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
Well, in protest of the Chanel price increase I went crazy and ordered a 200ml of both Rue Cambon and Eau de Cologne from Harrods. Everything is cheaper coming from Europe so their price is exactly the U.S. price before the hike. A bit annoying to have to order from over seas to get the same price I could've gotten here 5 days ago.

Probably silly to protest a brand by spending a ton on them, LOL. But this way I feel like my remaining Chanel Exclusifs desires are fulfilled, so I won't need to buy any at the new higher price unless a stellar new release comes out.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
No purchase, just swaps:

Serge Lutens - La Fille de Berlin, because it was on my wishlist since a long time

Lalique - Ombre Noire, despite I first thought 'great but not for me', I got another sample at the Lalique store that I drained, and when offered a swap, I just said 'yes'

Paloma Picasso - Minotaure, a nice one to 'round' a swap, that I would not dislike trying

Oriza Legrand - Vetiver Royal Bourbon, one that I eyed since a long time, can;t wait to try it

MPG - Ambre Dore, requested to round a swap in view of the reviews describing it as an 'Ambre Precieux with added oud and animalics' I was intrigued

Olympic Orchids - 9-samples discovery set. I alwasy wanted to try the 'Dev' series

Lorenzo Villoresi - Uomo Profumo in Olio, a rare oil version of Uomo Parfum (that I wanted to own given my love for the original EDT)

Lorenzo Villoresi - Garofano (decant), to round a swap, and because it's one of the few LV fragrances that I still need to try

Mona di orio - Vanille (decant), because I always wanted to try it and Brooks's ongoing 'vanilla quest' threadmade me want to go for it

Last edited:

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Eating a large slice of humble pie this morning after receiving a birthday gift from the Mrs. I have openly lambasted this house on more than one occasion but this is beyond reproach. Iris has always been a favourite note and this has one of the most opulent iris accords I have ever encountered as the star of the show (y)

Boadicea The Victorious - Legend.

V4Istx9.jpg

The second is a gift to myself ;). I passed up an opportunity to acquire this some time ago and have regretted it ever since. Undoubtedly the most natural smelling lavender this nose has ever experienced.

Creed - Royal Scottish Lavender

JYxdibt.jpg

Last edited:

katana-san

Jan 6, 2022
Please feel free to talk about what you bought today, (or are waiting for in the mail)

Try and refrain from just naming the perfume or posting a picture - maybe tell us something about why your bought it? Was it a bargain? Is it a blind buy or just a re-purchase of an old fragrance.
Hello ~ I made a purchase of Detchema to see if the old magic would still be there….hopeful.

Goldweave

Jan 14, 2018
Today my bottle of La Nuit Tresor is supposed to arrive! I have long had a sample from the Lancome counter, but I was pretty certain I disliked it so I didn't give it any attention until a few weeks ago. I was going through my remaining samples (some had died the big death and needed to be tossed) but the La Nuit was sitting there, all pretty and batting its eyes at me, so I decided to spray it and just see if I still thought I hated it. Um, no. My nose was glued to my wrist. I was quite surprised because gourmands have not typically appealed to me, since I've never been that interested in smelling like a cotton candy covered chocolate pastry, and especially after my trauma-inducing encounter with Angel. But clearly I've fallen off whatever snobbish pedestal I thought I was on about ALL gourmands because I'm making an exception for this one. :rolleyes:;)

I'd post a pic, but I seem to be having a bit of trouble doing so. So pretend I posted a pic, OK? ;)

OK, how's about I try again. This is uploaded from my machine. which I always find tedious. Is there no way to link to an image out on the web? Or maybe we can and I'm just too dense to figure out how?

Anyway....here it is. Such a pretty bottle, no?

La Nuit Tresor.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest News