What are your favorite houses at the moment?

FragManCLE

Jun 4, 2019
Hi guys, I'm always researching new fragrances and trying to find new houses to explore. I understand that taste can change over time, so I am interested to hear what your CURRENT favorite houses are? For me personally, I have fallen in love with Xerjoff. Roja is also great, but hard to sample considering the outrageous prices. Dior never seems to disappoint. Of course Creed and Tom Ford are heavy hitters and put out great scents imo. My favorite designer/mainstream house (besides the already mentioned Dior) has got to be YSL. Please share yours!

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Le Monarque
FO'AH
Parfumerie Particuliere
Fragrance Du Bois
La Closerie Des Parfums
Eternel Gentleman
Reims Parfums
Sous Le Manteau
Clive Christian
Maison D'Hauteville
Lesquendieu
Ormaie

jkonick

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 16, 2019
I got to sample a bunch of Comme des Garcons fragrances recently and I'm currently pretty enamored of that house. I really like green/woody stuff, and they seem to do that really well, along with their more weird/synthetic/industrial scent options, which is another favorite type of mine. But I appreciate their range from relatively safe, modern takes on classic styles, to completely avant-garde, artistic creations. They are definitely not cheap, but more affordable than some of the houses you mentioned (Roja, Creed, Tom Ford, etc).

FragManCLE

Jun 4, 2019
I got to sample a bunch of Comme des Garcons fragrances recently and I'm currently pretty enamored of that house. I really like green/woody stuff, and they seem to do that really well, along with their more weird/synthetic/industrial scent options, which is another favorite type of mine. But I appreciate their range from relatively safe, modern takes on classic styles, to completely avant-garde, artistic creations. They are definitely not cheap, but more affordable than some of the houses you mentioned (Roja, Creed, Tom Ford, etc).

I have tried a few CdG scents and they were pretty good! I am meaning to try some of their incense ones. Which have been your favorites thus far?

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Especially the following ones are and remain long term favorites and highlights, in no particular order:

Armani, Hugh Parsons, Loewe, Lalique, Jacques Bogart-in spite of being very inexpensive, Lutens, Acqua di Parma, Chanel, Aramis, Azzaro, Creed, Penhaligon's, Floris, Boucheron, Hermes, Cartier, Xerjoff, Memo Paris

FragManCLE

Jun 4, 2019
Especially the following ones are and remain long term favorites and highlights, in no particular order:

Armani, Hugh Parsons, Loewe, Lalique, Jacques Bogart-in spite of being very inexpensive, Lutens, Acqua di Parma, Chanel, Aramis, Azzaro, Creed, Penhaligon's, Floris, Boucheron, Hermes, Cartier, Xerjoff, Memo Paris

I've recently become interested in Armani. I always sort of dismissed them and thought they really only offered ADG, Code, and the other big ones, but they have TONS of others I am interested in. The Prive line looks intriguing; the samples are pricey however.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011

Tonyprince

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 1, 2007
Well, there are some that stay on my radar over the years, but if the question is really "at the moment", I'd say Pekji, Mikmoi, MadHat, and Soivohle.

FragManCLE

Jun 4, 2019
Just gonna give a special little shout out to Gucci. They really got my attention with Envy for Men and Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Homme. :)

I agree! Have only tried Gucci Pour Homme I and II and they're both great! Have a sample of Rush and Guilty Absolute on the way too. Been looking for Envy but can't seem to find samples anywhere. Nobile is another one I'm looking to try as well.

FragManCLE

Jun 4, 2019
Samples passes in general consists of a group of participants that take turns reviewing a batch of fragrances that are passed from one individual to another. It's a great away to trying new fragrances without having to purchase or collect excessive samples.

Oh that's a really cool idea!

dougczar

Basenotes Institution
Mar 3, 2012
My top 10 would look something like this:

Creed
Stéphane Humbert Lucas
Brückner
Xerjoff
by Kilian
Zegna
Armani
Chanel
Dior
Tom Ford

FragManCLE

Jun 4, 2019
My top 10 would look something like this:

Creed
Stéphane Humbert Lucas
Brückner
Xerjoff
by Kilian
Zegna
Armani
Chanel
Dior
Tom Ford

Zegna is one house I am very intrigued by. I can't wait to sample their Essenze line. Have you tried any from their newest line Elements of Man?

dougczar

Basenotes Institution
Mar 3, 2012

Non IFRA Compliance Art

Ok, sold. :coolold:

Agree. More houses like this need to pop up and start commanding market share.

Zegna is one house I am very intrigued by. I can't wait to sample their Essenze line. Have you tried any from their newest line Elements of Man?

I love the Essenze line - amazing scents IMO. I have only tried 2 from the Elements of Man line - Talent and Wisdom. I remember really liking Wisdom quite a bit, but being a bit lukewarm about Talent. I have only worn each once so far though, and it was a while ago, so I will need to revisit these. I would like to get samples of the rest of them at some point soon.

I am also looking forward to the re-released Essenze scents (the stronger concentration ones).

FragManCLE

Jun 4, 2019
I love the Essenze line - amazing scents IMO. I have only tried 2 from the Elements of Man line - Talent and Wisdom. I remember really liking Wisdom quite a bit, but being a bit lukewarm about Talent. I have only worn each once so far though, and it was a while ago, so I will need to revisit these. I would like to get samples of the rest of them at some point soon.

I am also looking forward to the re-released Essenze scents (the stronger concentration ones).

Thanks for the info. Where do you get your Zegna samples by chance?

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
I agree! Have only tried Gucci Pour Homme I and II and they're both great! Have a sample of Rush and Guilty Absolute on the way too. Been looking for Envy but can't seem to find samples anywhere. Nobile is another one I'm looking to try as well.

Oh, thanks for reminding me about GPH II - great stuff as well! :)

How much Envy for Men do you have now if I may ask? I think the last photo you showed was a lot of juice.

Have 3 bottles at the moment, waiting on the 4th to arrive. It's great stuff. I was really surprised to get that one in the bag, haha. A nice mint condition original formulation.

FragManCLE

Jun 4, 2019
Have 3 bottles at the moment, waiting on the 4th to arrive. It's great stuff. I was really surprised to get that one in the bag, haha. A nice mint condition original formulation.

You should sell me a small sample! :laugh::tongue:

FragManCLE

Jun 4, 2019
I could send you a sample, but I might need a little empty vial first - I'm waiting on decant bottles right now, but I'm not sure I have any empty sample bottles. Are you by chance in Texas? haha

I am not in Texas unfortunately... I do have like these little 3 ml spray bottles if you can't find one. I will gladly send you money via PayPal!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...