What am I smelling in Muguet Porcelain?

PsychoBaby

Basenotes Member
Jan 28, 2019
So I decided to blind buy Muguet Porcelain (JCE final Hermessence). For the last few hours i've had my nose buried in my arm trying to figure this thing out. Indeed I am getting white floral notes, aquatic notes, and some kind of melon thing, but there is something else here that I can't pin. I'm not sure if the pear/melon component is mixing with the "animal/civet/halitosis" notes, but I swear that this thing is making me "see smells"; specifically breakfast sausage. I feel like I'm on a beach (maybe the French Atlantic coast where the Loire empties). Its overcast and grey and I just woke up because I camped overnight. I'm dirty and sweaty and I'm cooking up some breakfast sausage. I dropped one in the tide, picked it up, and ate it. This breakfast sausage thing is really popping off my skin, but on clothes its much more as JCE describes.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
Wow-I forget how muguet porcelain smells, but the mention of breakfast sausage makes it more interesing than most modern muguets, which rather recall products that are used to clean kitchen counters after cooking such foods.

PsychoBaby

Basenotes Member
Jan 28, 2019
Wow-I forget how muguet porcelain smells, but the mention of breakfast sausage makes it more interesing than most modern muguets, which rather recall products that are used to clean kitchen counters after cooking such foods.

Funny that you mention that because it certainly has a cleaning products vibe at first (almost headache inducing). It settles down fairly quickly though and the jumbled pieces start falling in to place.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...