Welcome to Basenotes version 10

• Admin
665e-qWE_400x400.jpg

Welcome to Version 10 of Basenotes!

There are a few niggles to sort out but we're back!

Here are some links to get you started:
There are going to be bugs and things I've missed. There's some things you just can't spot until several thousand eyes are able to look at it, so please bear with me, it's just me doing it all :)

A few people were somehow able to stay logged on to the old site. Any reviews or SOTD or wardrobe changes you made after the site officially shut down on 27th September, WILL NOT be available on this new site. I maybe able to import reviews and SOTDs at a later stage, but it's low priority.

Updates:​

6 October:

13:15 There is an issue with the site sending out emails. ie, it's not at the moment. I couldn't test this until the site was live sadly, so I'm on it now!

Last edited:

ClockworkAlice

We all smell here
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2019
I can see articles well (the pictures in thumbnails aren't showing yet).

You can still see parts of html [ PIC ] and [ / PIC ] over and under the pictures in articles.

The Fougere article has comments section underneath it (no comments there though, and that's a pity as that's an amazing article, a true work of modern art) but the other ones have a discussion thread tab in the top instead.

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
“I’m sorry to bother you about this, but, you see, my wife loves perfumes. She’s crazy about ‘em! If you could just give me a decant of that ultra-rare vintage fragrance… well, that would give her a huge thrill!

Oh, and one more thing… what was the batch number on that? I thought I wrote it down in this notebook here…”

(I may have watched a lot of Columbo during lockdown….)

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
The Fougere article has comments section underneath it (no comments there though, and that's a pity as that's an amazing article, a true work of modern art)

I will admit it made me think, the way it leaves the final answer open to interpretation.

Here's the full text, a backup copy just in case.

What is a fougere fragrance?

A fougere fragrance is one that is blah blah blah blah blah blah

Last edited:

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
if you have more than 4, you should be able to choose which ones you want to show on your profile. Not sure where that is yet though!

Go to your profile page and click on the megaphone next to each badge that you want to show. (it's a bit ropey on mobile for some reason)

Latest News