Welcome Perfume of Life members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000

I know many people were saddened by the closure of the Perfume of Life forums. I remember when it was the Long Lost Perfume Chat Club.

1658129675.jpg

At once point on the internet, pre-facebook, pre-twitter and everything else -- there was really only three places to talk about perfume : Basenotes, Perfume of Life and MakeUpAlley's fragrance talkboard. For many people these boards were an amazing realisation that there were other people as nuts about them as perfume.

Now there are many more forums and Facebook groups about perfume, but for many people Perfume of Life was where it began for them.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-08%20at%2012.08.47.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-08%20at%2012.09.07.png

I know many people were members of both sites. How about we use this thread as somewhere that POL members can say hello, and let people know if their Basenotes Username is different from their POL username.

(My username was basenotes! )

So welcome POL'ers -- if you're not a member of Basenotes you can
register here , we don't bite as much as you might think :)

If you have any questions, feel free to email me (grant.osborne@basenotes.net) or post in this thread.

Grant!

USEFUL LINKS

Click here for the General Fragrance Discussion
Click here for Women's Fragrance Board
Click here for Men's Fragrance Board
Click here to Register, or here if you can't remember your password

Last edited:

tdem1961

I smell something…
Basenotes Plus
Jun 19, 2005
Thank you! And hello to my fellow Perfume of Lfe ex-pats! I posted there as "besotted" -- as in besotted with fragrances. :D

POL was the first internet forum I'd ever joined of any kind. Soon after, I found and joined Basenotes. And I'm glad I did.

Terry

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Hello everyone.

I am the same here as on POL, so easy to spot with the weird Nijinsky Icon and user name.

Nijinsky! Well, live and learn. Donna, I always thought it was St. George slaying the dragon! Took basenotes to straighten me out. :D

Thank you, Grant, for the elegant gesture and the endearing original image. My name is the same here although I'd really like to get rid of the underscore. Have been a basenotes member for some time, but posted infrequently due to being a mod with time committed to POL. Now I am posting here more often. Nice to be among dedicated perfumistas.

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
Thank you so much! Just a question: I notice this thread is in the female fragrance discussion forum. Would it be possible to move it to the general perfume discussion forum as there are a number of men who were members of POL and they might notice it better there?

I've moved it to site announcements!

donna255

Jul 16, 2004
Nijinsky! Well, live and learn. Donna, I always thought it was St. George slaying the dragon! Took basenotes to straighten me out. :D

Thank you, Grant, for the elegant gesture and the endearing original image. My name is the same here although I'd really like to get rid of the underscore. Have been a basenotes member for some time, but posted infrequently due to being a mod with time committed to POL. Now I am posting here more often. Nice to be among dedicated perfumistas.

LOL!!!! I once had someone ask me why icon was a giant snake!!! Its a poster from the ballet Afternoon Of the Faune.

Jun 15, 2012
Thank you, Grant, for the warm welcome! I was a long-time POL member and used the name Chypre--which I wish I could retain here (not sure if someone has it or if I messed up an earlier attempt at using it.)

I am so glad to see so many of my former community members here on Basenotes. They are truly wonderful and knowledgeable.

Linkie/ aka "Chypre"

30 Roses

Oct 8, 2007
Welcome Linkie!

I just checked the member list and there is someone here called chypre:
http://www.basenotes.net/members/7355-chypre

If you think of another name you would prefer than Linkie, I'm sure Grant can change it for you.
You could also write a signature line that says you used to be know as Chypre on POL, so your old friends recognize you.

Emoe

Jul 11, 2014
welcome POL peeps! hope you enjoy BN,

Excellent and generous gesture Grant! Kudos!

PerfumedLady

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 4, 2010
Welcome, PoLers! I've been excited to see so many of you joining us! Please don't be afraid to participate in our SotD threads on the female forum-I promise we don't bite! I hope Basenotes will eventually begin to feel like home to you all.

Blackcat76

Apr 29, 2012
Hello, POL crew and Basenoters! Many thanks to Grant for the warm gesture!:engel017: I was blackchat on POL where I came out of my shell and wrote a lot, for me anyway. I have been a member of Basenotes mostly lurking:rolleyesold: for the FAB reviews and directory. Nothing like it! So now I have the best of both worlds!

Best,

Kati

Blackcat76

Apr 29, 2012
Hey Ms. T! I have missed you and FOB so much! I'm delighted to be reunited. Tauer at Etiket!!! Yay. I will be there in spirit.

Hugs to you!!!

shrinkwatson

Jun 18, 2015
hello everyone i a new to this forum.I hope i will find best advices from others and i will share my best knowledge over here.

Thank

Twitchly

Oct 4, 2005
Hi, everyone! I was a longtime POL'er, then dropped off when my interest in perfume waned (and the site kept disappearing). I went through a period where I couldn't stand any fragrance at all; my sense of smell seems to have become much more acute for some reason. I'm still not good with anything strong, but I'm gradually feeling drawn back to fragrance in light doses. In the meantime, I've managed to shift from spending money on perfume to spending it on photography! I hang out mostly over on Instagram these days. I've got the same name there and here that I did on POL.

Just thought I'd check in on the old place tonight on a whim, discovered it was down for good, did a Google search, and here you are. Nice to see some familiar faces, at least virtually. Thanks so much for offering this space, Grant. Somehow I never realized that "Basenotes" on POL and you over here were the same person! I'm feeling very blond right now. :D

Ursula

Feb 3, 2010
It was a shame that POL was closed but I am so glad that there are some members here.

I wish that there were a welcoming too for the leftover members of The Perfume Magazine Scent of the Day group which may be over here, too, but I don't know whether this is the case.

FiveoaksBouquet

Scented.
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
It was a shame that POL was closed but I am so glad that there are some members here.

I wish that there were a welcoming too for the leftover members of The Perfume Magazine Scent of the Day group which may be over here, too, but I don't know whether this is the case.

Ursula, as a sometime participant, I for one am happy to drink a toast to the former Perfume Magazine forum. I think some of the members are also members here. The Perfume Magazine was a beautifully done initiative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News