Wedding Day Suggestions

mountainear

Apr 8, 2010
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I posted, and I'm afraid I am terribly behind on releases in the past five or six years. I'm getting married on Sept. 15 in Colorado, and need help finding a special scent for my big day. The wedding will be in the afternoon at a church and I'm wearing a classic gown with lace and organza.

A little about my fragrance preferences:
My favorite perfume is Chanel Coco. I love spicy orientals like Karl Lagerfeld KL and Bulgari Omnia, but in Denver it will still be too warm for most of those. Fig is my favorite note (Philosykos, Premier Figuier Extreme) but those aren't necessarily my fiance's favorites. He likes the more citrus-y ones like Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts. His favorite cologne to wear is the discontinued Armani Mania.

Thank you for your help!

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Hi, mountainear! Have you tried Ashoka by Neela Vermiere? lt has a touch of fig, but is mostly mimosa, which gives it just enough of a spicy floral edge without being too heavy for warmer weather. lt's pricey, but of course you deserve something special for your big day. Congrats on your forthcoming nuptials! :)

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Congratulations on your September wedding! Taking both of your taste preferences into consideration, I’m pleased to make these recommendations for the big event.

For you:

Chanel 31 rue Cambon

For him:

Zegna Acqua di Bergamotto

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
Congratulations!

Weddings are big things, so I don't see any problem with going big with orientals. For instance, $$ Amouage Fate (woman) is a big oriental, though it doesn't feel as hefty as Coco. Christine Nagel has some orientals that somehow have a certain transparency, though she goes for fruit rather than spices (Fendi Theorema, Hermes le Galop).

cacio

Jun 10, 2012
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I posted, and I'm afraid I am terribly behind on releases in the past five or six years. I'm getting married on Sept. 15 in Colorado, and need help finding a special scent for my big day. The wedding will be in the afternoon at a church and I'm wearing a classic gown with lace and organza.

A little about my fragrance preferences:
My favorite perfume is Chanel Coco. I love spicy orientals like Karl Lagerfeld KL and Bulgari Omnia, but in Denver it will still be too warm for most of those. Fig is my favorite note (Philosykos, Premier Figuier Extreme) but those aren't necessarily my fiance's favorites. He likes the more citrus-y ones like Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts. His favorite cologne to wear is the discontinued Armani Mania.

Thank you for your help!

Hello mountainear! Congratulations, and I would say any of those would be great but if you want something fresher you can go with Timbuktu or Philosykos EdT. Nice wardrobe! :)

kewart

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 9, 2006
Congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials, mountainear!

I am going to be daring and suggest you try Womanity by Thierry Mugler for its salty (caviar), fig notes (leaf, fruit and tree) or Roma (Laura Biagiotti) for an oriental that can be worn in warmer climes. The latter has been discontinued but you can still find it on the web. Actually, I think Womanity may have been discontinued also. I tend to love edgy perfumes that other people don't!

On the safer side, Dior's Cruise Collection Escale a Portofino is gorgeous and citrussy.

mountainear

Apr 8, 2010
Congratulations!

Weddings are big things, so I don't see any problem with going big with orientals. For instance, $$ Amouage Fate (woman) is a big oriental, though it doesn't feel as hefty as Coco. Christine Nagel has some orientals that somehow have a certain transparency, though she goes for fruit rather than spices (Fendi Theorema, Hermes le Galop).

cacio
I will add these to my list! Thank you!

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

mountainear

Apr 8, 2010
Hello mountainear! Congratulations, and I would say any of those would be great but if you want something fresher you can go with Timbuktu or Philosykos EdT. Nice wardrobe! :)
I don't feel like myself in the Timbuktu, but it's been a while since I lost wore it. I'll try it again.

mountainear

Apr 8, 2010
Congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials, mountainear!

I am going to be daring and suggest you try Womanity by Thierry Mugler for its salty (caviar), fig notes (leaf, fruit and tree) or Roma (Laura Biagiotti) for an oriental that can be worn in warmer climes. The latter has been discontinued but you can still find it on the web. Actually, I think Womanity may have been discontinued also. I tend to love edgy perfumes that other people don't!

On the safer side, Dior's Cruise Collection Escale a Portofino is gorgeous and citrussy.
You know, Angel was such a scrubber for new that I haven't tried anything else by Thierry Mugler. I'll have to look into Womanity since I've heard great things over the years.
Escale a Portofino is one I've wanted to try for years. It's time!

Primrose

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 22, 2009
A big congratulations, mountainear!

For you, I would wear something that makes you happy, but if the groom likes citrusy, you might try Commodity Bergamot or Houbigant Oranger en Fleurs.

For him, I would have him try something like Tom Ford Neroli Portofino.

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
Congratulations and have a wonderful celebration! In addition to so many great suggestions already mentioned, taking the liberty to add almost anything from the unisex options by ADP, especially Fico d'Amalfi for both citrus and fig at once, while a few unisex choices by Dior as well, particularly Dune as a fig powerhouse, but also Escale a Portofino for the citrus and Escale a Pondicherry for classy exotic spices, still perfectly werable, inoffensive yet also not boring nor linear during warmer weather

ImaFedec

Sep 12, 2019
Congrats! Maybe you could try Armani Prive: Figuier Eden

Fig yes, but not that prominent compared to Philosykos. This one is a green-citrusy fig based fragrance that is perfect for spring and summer weather without being too “classic” or mainstream.

Another very good one would be Wulong Cha by Nishane. Also has a faint fig, with a prominent Tea note. Beautiful

grayspoole

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 4, 2014
Congratulations mountainear! I hope you have a beautiful wedding day.

I lived in Denver for almost ten years, and I think the weather can be quite variable. I distinctly remember snowstorms in early September, which of course melt away almost immediately as it turns into a sunny warm day. So I think you could easily wear your favorite Coco.

Another idea might be to wear perfumes from Dawn Spencer Hurwitz, a wonderful artist & perfumer who is based in Boulder. She has designed perfumes to accompany exhibits in the Denver Art Museum.

https://www.dshperfumes.com/

She relies on natural ingredients so even her headiest perfumes are never oppressive. If you want to really go for it, she will do custom “bespoke” perfumes for the occasion.

https://www.dshperfumes.com/signature-scent/

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I never knew you lived in Denver, Grayspoole. I only had you down for NYC and Philly.

I liked the suggestions of Fate Woman and Coco.

Mountainear - Here’s hoping you’re happily married!

grayspoole

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 4, 2014
I never knew you lived in Denver, Grayspoole. I only had you down for NYC and Philly.

Indeed, we had some wonderful years in Denver, which is a lovely city, and the First Daughter was born there. But the DH (originally from New Orleans) and I (native New Yorker) feel more at home on the East Coast. And we are simply not outdoor adventurers, unlike many of our Denver friends.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Indeed, we had some wonderful years in Denver, which is a lovely city, and the First Daughter was born there. But the DH (originally from New Orleans) and I (native New Yorker) feel more at home on the East Coast. And we are simply not outdoor adventurers, unlike many of our Denver friends.
What made you decide to live in Denver for nearly 10 years?

Latest News