Want to buy a YSL M7 - but which version?

Nattyboh74

Oct 24, 2018
I know there are some pros out there that know, that's why I'm here.

Which version igy YSL M7 should I be chasing? New? Vintage? Oud Absolute?

I'm open to conversation about these versions and your thoughts.

Thanks guys!

Nattyboh74

Oct 24, 2018
I would try to sample everything for comparison purposes, it be good to know what they smell like first. If I had to pick one, I'd go with the vintage.
But it's not that easy to sample them all and cost would add up significantly in the end. Is rather try and spend once, typically I've done well with suggestions from users on what to chase down .

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
But it's not that easy to sample them all and cost would add up significantly in the end. Is rather try and spend once, typically I've done well with suggestions from users on what to chase down .
Depends on preference and budget. If vintage fragrances are your thing I'd go after the original. It will be expensive for sure.

Dunedain

Jan 9, 2016
I thought it had been brought back already, the name restored once again to M7, but perhaps still only available in Europe for now?

primotenore

Jun 13, 2020
I happen to own both the 2002 M7 and the 2011 Black Label Oud Absolu. Wrote a review of both. Top notes are where they differ the most. The Cherry Cough syrup of the 2002 is more prominent, while there is an orange, citrus opening to the Absolu. After they both dry down, there is definitely a similar vibe.
The 2002 M7, if you can find one, will set you back a pretty penny. I got lucky.
My suggestion is two-fold:
1) Buy the Oud Absolu (try to find the 2011, all black label first)
2)Alternatively, and you will be very shocked at this, buy a bottle of Avon Premiere Luxe Oud Pour Homme (I own a bottle of this as well)
You will save considerable money and still get your fill of the pencil-shavings aroma. No Oud, but for the price, that's understandable.

Latest News