Vintage SOTD Thread for September 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
Do it while it's still cheap! You won't regret it.
Just to clarify before I place my order I'm wanting the EDP? Not the EDT? I definitely want the one that would be more unisex/masculine and less feminine if there is that sort of difference between the formulations. I can't believe the price though! Dirt cheap! I paid more for a older bottle that was half the size and not 100% full! I'm mostly happy with it too but I really do need to see what this new version is all about!

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Moschino pour Homme.
(This masterpiece, yes MASTERPIECE, was the most pleasant surprise I'd ever blind bought awhile back. The leather is absolutely perfect and everything from the opening lavender to that heart of carnation down to the resinous, mossy leather base just sings. This is a complex, rich and masterful concoction. There's a lot going on here with distinct and delightful changes from top to base - it's one enjoyable ride. File this under "they don't make 'em like they used to.")

View attachment 299913
I'm looking for this one. I already have the after-shave...No doubt I'll like it, since our tastes seems similar, Redfish365 :)

nosey74

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 30, 2014
mgDqggG.jpg

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Moschino pour Homme.
(This masterpiece, yes MASTERPIECE, was the most pleasant surprise I'd ever blind bought awhile back. The leather is absolutely perfect and everything from the opening lavender to that heart of carnation down to the resinous, mossy leather base just sings. This is a complex, rich and masterful concoction. There's a lot going on here with distinct and delightful changes from top to base - it's one enjoyable ride. File this under "they don't make 'em like they used to.")
Moved by this soliloquy, I have synchronized in Moschino Pour Homme.
IMG_7067.jpg
It's ok, like Oklahoma, and a knockout.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Just to clarify before I place my order I'm wanting the EDP? Not the EDT? I definitely want the one that would be more unisex/masculine and less feminine if there is that sort of difference between the formulations. I can't believe the price though! Dirt cheap! I paid more for a older bottle that was half the size and not 100% full! I'm mostly happy with it too but I really do need to see what this new version is all about!

I'm only familiar with the EDP, but from what I understand the EDT is a bit more feminine and floral. (Might want to double check that against some reviews, though.)

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
Just my two cents: I have both the current edt and edp versions of Cabochard. I find the edp softer than the edt, and I prefer the edp. But if you prefer a bit sharper, I would recommend the edt. Can't really go wrong with either. I agree with @Cook.bot - everyone should get some (if they like Cabochard).

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
Just my two cents: I have both the current edt and edp versions of Cabochard. I find the edp softer than the edt, and I prefer the edp. But if you prefer a bit sharper, I would recommend the edt. Can't really go wrong with either. I agree with @Cook.bot - everyone should get some (if they like Cabochard).
I appreciate your $0.02!
I would ask your opinion as to which is the more (or less) feminine of the two? I would like the one that is less feminine.
The older formulation I currently own is the EDT and while it's mostly fine there is a slight feminine floral edge that bugs me a bit. Probably jasmine. It isn't unbearable but as I've mentioned previously in another thread it at times reminds me of something my mom wore circa 1980. I love my mom and I miss her every day since she died of pancreatic cancer in 2007 but I don't really want to smell like her.

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
Revillon pour Homme.
(Another Autumnal favorite! A smoky, woodsy, piney and mossy extravaganza who very much reminds me of Yatagan and Phileas. Transports me to a northern forest in the fall with leaves changing colors overhead and crunching underfoot. The only drawback is a pretty poor performance. Over-spraying helps but ultimately the short lifespan is this fragrances Achilles Heel. I get maybe 4 hours. But it's a stellar 4 hours!)

20220624_134838.jpg

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
I appreciate your $0.02!
I would ask your opinion as to which is the more (or less) feminine of the two? I would like the one that is less feminine.
The older formulation I currently own is the EDT and while it's mostly fine there is a slight feminine floral edge that bugs me a bit. Probably jasmine. It isn't unbearable but as I've mentioned previously in another thread it at times reminds me of something my mom wore circa 1980. I love my mom and I miss her every day since she died of pancreatic cancer in 2007 but I don't really want to smell like her.
So sorry for the loss of your Mom. I am the same way with Green Irish Tweed and the loss of my 1st husband.

I recommend the edt for you. It is less feminine. Wishing you many happy memories as well as hopefully a new scent that you love.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Revillon pour Homme.
(Another Autumnal favorite! A smoky, woodsy, piney and mossy extravaganza who very much reminds me of Yatagan and Phileas. Transports me to a northern forest in the fall with leaves changing colors overhead and crunching underfoot. The only drawback is a pretty poor performance. Over-spraying helps but ultimately the short lifespan is this fragrances Achilles Heel. I get maybe 4 hours. But it's a stellar 4 hours!)

View attachment 300049
I don't have this one; I only have the Haute Concentration, which has a very long longevity. Maybe this extra "Haute Concentration" is the same scent, but more lasting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...