UshgKNk.jpg

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
d488b8d4-c408-457a-a173-5b48e4cd3648-jpeg.297675

SOTE: Godet - Petite Fleur Bleue

Dr. T.: “Well, don’t you smell feminine and festive!”

They might’ve had something better if they hadn’t turned the aldehydes up to 11, but if you can’t compete with Guerlain on class—and back in the day, who could?—I guess there’s always volume.

Attachments

• D488B8D4-C408-457A-A173-5B48E4CD3648.jpeg
    D488B8D4-C408-457A-A173-5B48E4CD3648.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 127

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
Man Two/Men Two by Jil Sander.
(Benzoin, Castoreum, Oakmoss and Iris. They don't make 'em like this 1982 beauty anymore. I don't usually love iris but here it's blended so nicely with the moss and castoreum and something piney and a warm, slightly sweet and resinous benzoin that it just hums a woody and spicy dirge. Clearly this ain't for everyone, its a touch bitter and may come off as "dated" for those who need to be at the bleeding edge of trends. For me it's a warm and rich Autumnal scent. Serious and sober, it means business.)

20220420_132844.jpg

Alex F.

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 29, 2019
How did you like it? I also have a mini of this, but either I don't understand the scent or it's a fake, or it has evolved beyond recognition. To me, at least the juice I've got, it feels almost feminine and not very complex.
It's nice. I like it. That said, I'm not overwhelmed by it; likely not going to result in a full-sized bottle.
I have the edc, the edt and the edt concentrée (this is also the order in which they were released, if I'm not mistaken). The first one is among my favourite perfumes. It's a wonderful, spicy scent (nutmeg is the most prominent to my nose) that manages to smell very natural (according to Luca Turin, Guy Robert was aiming for the smell of a cold pipe). It's quite fleeting though. The second one has a bit more strength to it, spicy, too, but leaning towards incense, if memory serves right (haven't worn it in over a year). It's quite excellent, too. The third one, the concentrée, smells more main-stream, perfume-like, and feminine to me. Quite a step down quality-wise compared to the other two, in my opinion.

Professor Value

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 5, 2019
I have the edc, the edt and the edt concentrée (this is also the order in which they were released, if I'm not mistaken). The first one is among my favourite perfumes. It's a wonderful, spicy scent (nutmeg is the most prominent to my nose) that manages to smell very natural (according to Luca Turin, Guy Robert was aiming for the smell of a cold pipe). It's quite fleeting though. The second one has a bit more strength to it, spicy, too, but leaning towards incense, if memory serves right (haven't worn it in over a year). It's quite excellent, too. The third one, the concentrée, smells more main-stream, perfume-like, and feminine to me. Quite a step down quality-wise compared to the other two, in my opinion.
Yes; maybe it's the nutmeg in the EDC about which I am not thrilled by.

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012

Panthère de Cartier​

This is a big scent and oh so 80's. It's really lovely. It reminds me of wearing a velvet cloak sitting on a divan reading good poetry - and actually understanding it :D Note - I don't do those sort of things, but I wish I did.

Which version? The one with the little cat sculpture on the cap, or the one with the cubist cat figure on the front of the botle?

Jul 9, 2021
Vintage Capucci pH is great, whereas the Morris (I believe officially this one is Morris Morris) didn't wow me and feels somehow generic and not very essential. But I must also add, I don't find much resemblance between the two.
Okay, the reason I ask is that I happen to have this in a non-vintage iteration and it is, as you apparently also find the vintage to be, rather unremarkable. It's too sweet and a little weak. I thought maybe an older bottle would show more gravitas.
Agree on the Capucci, (I have a triangular, blue-cap ‘90s bottle) albeit it had more resin and leather and less bracing, hesperidic freshness than I antecipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...