Oct 25, 2007
IMG_8577.jpg

Duc de Vervins L'Extreme - Houbigant
Nice vintage choice!

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
Frank by Frank Chigano.
(A bit of a mystery is this Frank. The usual sources for info on fragrances come up blank. Since it has a barcode on the box we can presume it's post 1989 and as it's ingredient list is a short list it's probably pre-2005. So somewhere in the 1990-2004 range...
As a fragrance it's all about leather. There are other things flitting about but leather dominates. It doesn't smell ultra modern, thankfully.
It doesn't project much beyond the skin and its duration is on the short side of adequate.)

20220919_083926.jpg

20220919_083937.jpg

RCavs

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 13, 2004
I haven’t tried Plus, but the original performs well as it is, at least outside a competitive club environment. @Varanis Ridari notes that Plus is sufficiently different as to be its own thing.
I own original AD and had a "Plus" mini bottle. For me They're totally different fragrances. From what I remember, Plus was too powdery for me. something more like Rocobarocco pour homme than original AD.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Oh, forgot to add to my SOTD post: is Pancaldi supposed to be by Pancaldi (like Fragrantica says) or Hanorah (as per the Basenotes directory)? My mini came without a box, so can't check from there.

My 85° spray bottle says Diana de Silva, of which Hanorah was (and possibly still is) a subsidiary. There’s a post somewhere on BN that compares de Silva (spray) and Hanorah (splash), and concludes they smell the same.

motorcade

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 21, 2020
My 85° spray bottle says Diana de Silva, of which Hanorah was (and possibly still is) a subsidiary. There’s a post somewhere on BN that compares de Silva (spray) and Hanorah (splash), and concludes they smell the same.
Thanks!

I have my bottles arranged alphabetically in the cabinet, following how they're sorted in my Basenotes Wardrobe. So it should be H for Hanorah - BUT since Pancaldi is a designer house, my logic says it should be placed under P, just like I would do with any other "designer" fragrance. Totally a first world problem - we're talking about a mini bottle here! - but this is confusing and it bugs me. :D

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I have my bottles arranged alphabetically in the cabinet, following how they're sorted in my Basenotes Wardrobe. So it should be H for Hanorah - BUT since Pancaldi is a designer house, my logic says it should be placed under P, just like I would do with any other "designer" fragrance.

I would put file it under P, just as I would file Genny (also Diana de Silva, produced via the Hanorah/Rivara subsidiary) under G.

Incidentally, Hanorah predates Diana de Silva by roughly two decades. I’m not sure how the former came to be a division of the latter.

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
I own original AD and had a "Plus" mini bottle. For me They're totally different fragrances. From what I remember, Plus was too powdery for me. something more like Rocobarocco pour homme than original AD.
Roccobarocco PH is quite powdery. AD Plus much, MUCH less so. Beyond that AD Plus is a heavier, fuller fragrance and is drier than Roccobarocco. I own both and I like both but if forced to choose I'd be keeping the Alain Delon. (If it were AD Plus against Roccobarocco Joint however we'd have a much tougher decision to make!)

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
One of the final nods to summer....

Eau de Roche (1948) by Edmond Roudnitska for Rochas

This is another one that I just half-cover the bottle neck and literally pour it over my throat and shoulders. So good. And today, so anisic.

EauDeRoche_Rochas_advert.jpg

Roudnitska's original handwritten formula for Eau de Roche (1946). Slide originally presented at Osmotheque, 2021.

EauDeRoche_OriginalHandwrittenFormula_byRoudnitska.1946.jpg

Good article by Sergey Borisov about decoding the formula:

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
My vintage scent of the day is Tuscany.
View attachment 291944
Scent of the trip we're on, by request. Tuscany gets requested a lot. I think it's because it's a safe pick on the quieter side.
Today is my 5th and final consecutive day in Aramis Tuscany (Friday through Tuesday, September 16th to 20th, 2022), wrapping up the Lake Placid trip!

Latest News