Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
UQI9vz7.jpg

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
Halston 1-12.
(The kinder, gentler brother to Z-14. This one plays an acoustic 12-string and does singer-songwriter fare a'la Dan Fogelberg where Z-14 plays blistering leads on his Gibson SG in a psych-rock/hard rock band like Hawkwind or the Edgar Broughton Band. Both have storied histories and both belong in any self-respecting collection.
Note - I think I have an early enough version as to not be affected by reformulation. Anyway it reminds me of the 1-12 my mom gave me for a very early 80s Xmas.)

20220517_151007 (1).jpg

20220517_151024.jpg

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
Q: If you own Furyo, are these two very close? I'm considering a blind buy of the current Ted Lapidus and just recently acquired Furyo, which I like very much, so I'm mainly trying to determine it this would be too much of a redundant selection as I see it referred to as similar elsewhere.
I don't think these are similar at all except in that people like to lump them in together as examples of "challenging" or powerhouse fragrances. But no, these are not similar and wouldn't be redundant.

motorcade

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 21, 2020
Halston 1-12.
(The kinder, gentler brother to Z-14. This one plays an acoustic 12-string and does singer-songwriter fare a'la Dan Fogelberg where Z-14 plays blistering leads on his Gibson SG in a psych-rock/hard rock band like Hawkwind or the Edgar Broughton Band. Both have storied histories and both belong in any self-respecting collection.
Note - I think I have an early enough version as to not be affected by reformulation. Anyway it reminds me of the 1-12 my mom gave me for a very early 80s Xmas.)

View attachment 312336

View attachment 312337
Great choice! I belong to fhe minority who clearly prefer the 1-12 over Z-14. Goody goody galbanum!

motorcade

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 21, 2020
Hermes Bel Ami
375x500.25.jpg
Nice! Wore vintage Bel Ami last night too.

I was so close to never getting to smell it, because I always found Bel Ami Vetiver somehow frustratingly underhwelming (even though I can't say it smells bad). So I was kind of prejudiced against Bel Ami, although of course I knew they are two different scents. I'm so glad I finally bought a well-kept Bel Ami mini, because it smells so goddamn lovely! A near perfect leather to me.

Diddy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Oct 14, 2015
Finishing off November with a recently acquired decant of Creed’s Aubepine Acadia as my SOTN. I’m really trying not to fall in love with this one but it wears SO well and classy. It, dangerously, works very well for me.
Aubepine Acacia. Not, Acadia. For some reason I wasn’t able to edit the post on my phone but it allowed me to reply to myself. Anyways, sorry for the typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...