Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Going to wear Gucci Nobile later today
375x500.689.jpg

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I'm burrowing into the flannels and wools on a rainy and cold day, and a perfect spiced scent to go with them.

Feeling hygge makes me miss Marand. I wish he'd come back.

Déclaration Essence (2001) by Cartier
415M4IatEgL._SX342_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Rive Gauche

Holy cow, Cevenol has an art print of a collage of perfume boxes on his wall. For that he ought to win... something.
Megara by Le Galion. edt.

Well, hello there Megara! You're a face I don't think I've seen around here before.

Can anyone tell me what kind of plant that is printed on its box?

MouseyBlue

Jun 4, 2021
I'm burrowing into the flannels and wools on a rainy and cold day, and a perfect spiced scent to go with them.

Holy cow, Cevenol has an art print of a collage of perfume boxes on his wall. For that he ought to win... something.

Well, hello there Megara! You're a face I don't think I've seen around here before.

It looks like hemp to me 😬

MouseyBlue

Jun 4, 2021

Hemp? 😬

MouseyBlue

Jun 4, 2021
Oooh. I love vintage Le Galion but I've never tried this one. What did you think of it?

It's by Paul Vacher's daughter...
It's a heady, Green Chypre, for sure. More herb than flowers. Had some 'Fairy Liquid' notes for a short while. My post covid nose isn't as sharp as it was. Later, the flowery base-notes made a bold appearance.

Last edited:

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I always enjoy seeing vintage-scent-of-the-day posts. I've been wearing Antaeus for several days in a row now, meditating on differences in the bottles.
Antaeus Collection.jpg
And trying to extrapolate the findings to better understand perfume, perfume collecting, and the meaning of life.

Cevenol

Dec 22, 2015

It's not a print, it's a great collage out of my vintage boxes that my daughter made.
Send me yours I'll ask her to make you one :)

The picture is crappy, I should ask Aero to take a good one, his picture are so good!
017FCEA9-F7A4-4C10-BAF2-C34DB84D8378.jpeg

Last edited:

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
It's not a print, it's a great collage out of my vintage boxes that my daughter made.

Oh wow. Even better!

Send me yours I'll ask her to make you one

Very kind of you, but I like to keep my boxes intact. You never know when you might have to sell off the family silver to pay the mortgage on the farm. :)

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011

The picture is crappy, I should ask Aero to take a good one, his picture are so good!
View attachment 176210
That would be a great project that all of us can do with our left over boxes.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Wasn't somebody on here just looking for Halston Catalyst within the past couple of days?

Papsi has one for sale in the Marketplace, for $1/ml:
I’ve almost bought it a few times just to have a test tube to go with my Erlenmeyer flask, but better to let someone else have a shot. The seeker has her own Catalyst thread; maybe post it there, too.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021

View attachment 176210
Very, very nice ! I'd like too keep my boxes intact, as Cook.bot said, so I'm going to scan the boxes, and then make this kind of collage.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Bugatti by Ettore Bugatti.
(To me this is a "freshie." A leathery freshie! The hesperidic notes are among the most vibrant I've encountered.)

View attachment 176279
Hello, Redfish365 ! I don't know if you've already read it, but very interesting:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News