RCavs

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 13, 2004
prod_20211110151906250.jpg

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
But in vintageland, just being discontinued is enough to cause hysterical worship, but obscurity does greatly slow the process, like flame-retardant cloth on a sofa if you drop your cigarette. 🤣

I’m basically saying, “I bought it so you don’t have to,” but there will always be those who don’t avail themselves of my largesse.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Perhaps, like Bonasera the Undertaker in The Godfather, they're afraid of owing you a favor.
I’m basically saying, “I bought it so you don’t have to,” but there will always be those who don’t avail themselves of my largesse.
Why did I read that as "avail themselves of my largeness"? 🤣🤣

Also I was more or less referring to the "everything's a masterpiece only after it's given the axe" and the "you can only have an opinion from owning a full bottle" crowds, who would never be satisfied with taking your word for it, or a sample from you.

The kind of folks so ridiculous about ownership that they could almost have a Kentucky Fried Movie sketch about them 😉

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Why did I read that as "avail themselves of my largeness"? 🤣🤣

Mrs. Rittenhouse: “But, that’s bigamy!”

Capt. Spaulding: “Yes, and it’s big of me, too. It’s big of all of us. Let’s be big for a change!”

I was more or less referring to the "everything's a masterpiece only after it's given the axe" and the "you can only have an opinion from owning a full bottle" crowds, who would never be satisfied with taking your word for it, or a sample from you.

Oh, I know. But seriously, this fragrance came and went without notice in the first place. Sterlé did have a couple of genuinely interesting scents—Diam’ and Huit-Huit—although they’re stylistically miles from Monsieur.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Aye! Samuel L. Bronkowitz's finest production... and one so few of the younger set have set their eyes upon! A classic!
Mrs. Rittenhouse: “But, that’s bigamy!”

Capt. Spaulding: “Yes, and it’s big of me, too. It’s big of all of us. Let’s be big for a change!”

Oh, I know. But seriously, this fragrance came and went without notice in the first place. Sterlé did have a couple of genuinely interesting scents—Diam’ and Huit-Huit—although they’re stylistically miles from Monsieur.
Good thing I'm not gemini, or I'd have to expect the...

*gets an arrow* 😵

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

. .