Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Creed Orange Spice.

orange-spice.jpg

Professor Value

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 5, 2019
New West is one of the few "aquatics" that I really enjoy!
My vintage blue mini-bottle just arrived and, WOW, it smells amazing. It's now one of my favorite aquatics, checking all the boxes for me; it's like an aquatic fougère. If the Aramis Gentleman's Collection newer version is close, I'm going full-bottle.

nosey74

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 30, 2014

purecaramel

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 9, 2013
All day today was Bugatti 1992.
A/S layered with EDT from Grill Bottles.
My Girl says I scent as an European Aristocrat.
I believe her as she had, in earlier life, exposure to that set.
As I had acquired a Sunburn/Tan during the weekend hot spell she also
said I was all Carameled up like a Sweet.
I guess that I need to revert back to purecaramel soon.

purecaramel

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 9, 2013
View attachment 241946

Guerlain Vol de Nuit (1933)

Finished off @camel-lips decant and layered with newly-christened EdT.
How is that EDT?
My Girl has pretty much drained my Vintage EDT stock.
I've had to disguise a full Vintage Extrait bottle to maintain stock for comparison.
Vintage asking prices have
skyrocketed as can be expected.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
How is that EDT?
My Girl has pretty much drained my Vintage EDT stock.
I've had to disguise a full Vintage Extrait bottle to maintain stock for comparison.
Vintage asking prices have
skyrocketed as can be expected.
Smells the same fundamentally (this isn't brand new formula, because gold box), but isn't as strong compared to what you sent.

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
Silver by Etienne Aigner.
(Almost a mystical scent to me...it's blended so well it's tough to pick out individual notes though the castoreum and moss in the base are noticable as is a late appearing frankincense. It opens green and somewhat fruity...sweet but not overwhelmingly so. In the heart there are florals along with cinnamon and cedar. It's a fantastic and, at least for my collection, a rather different scent. Ultimately I guess it's a sort of smokey/leathery thing but it's so much more.

I can't say anything about newer Etienne Aigner fragrances but the older stuff that I've tried has been just great. Etienne Aigner N°1 from 1975 is absolutely spectacular Etienne Aigner N°2 is just a half a step behind it. Silver is from 1984. High upon my wantlist is another truly special one - 1978s Super Fragrance for Men although cost + scarcity make that a longer term goal...and finally I'm going to acquire sooner than later their 1979 Sport Fragrance for Men and probably 1987s Free Life. So yeah, it seems it's hard to go wrong with Etienne Aigners from the 70s and 80s. Top rate stuff all the way! Whether or not this trend continues into the 90s and beyond though I can't say...) Note - I'm missing the silver cap which really completes the bottle. More than many missing caps this missing cap really pains me.

IMG_20220118_130140 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News