Vintage SOTD Thread for July 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26220441

SOTE: Chanel No. 5 Eau de Cologne, from an early 70's bottle, sealed until I acquired it. Heavy on the real civet, sparkling aldehydes and a very classic unisex base including musks, Mysore sandalwood, vetiver, oakmoss, patchouli , the floral mid notes take almost a backseat role. Very interesting to contrast with the extrait of a similar age, as to the way it presents. For me, the EDC is the supreme wearable (and unisex) version. No 5 EDC.jpg

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Happy Bniversary, N.CAL 🍾

zrFafgb.jpg

Redfish365

Basenotes Dependent
May 5, 2021
Signature by Max Factor.
(A very olde school, slightly aromatic fougere. Very powdery and quite musky with a hint o' citrus in the form of orange. This verges on being too powdery but I've come to terms with that. Initially it smells strongly of hairspray (aldehydes?) but this fades. Later I get occasional whiffs of what smells like Fritos corn chips. This is very fleeting and only with nose buried into wrist. My bottle is pressurized.

This fragrance was born in 1950 from what I gather and really is a product of its time. To me it's more dated than Caswell-Massey's Tricorn from 1941...it's certainly more powdery. I must admit that it's not among my favorites and only gets worn once or twice per annum. Kicking off the 2nd half of 2022 seems like a good reason to break it out.)

IMG_20211112_125908.jpg

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Cravache, Robert Piguet. 1963.

Layering After-shave with Eau de toilette. After-shave is of great soothing quality; about the scent, it's a very dry lemon-herbal stuff. Very 60s-70s, in fact. . I'll wear the Eau de toilette in a couple of hours; more to come.

EDIT the Eau de toilette is absolutely great. It's a dry lemon-herbal-leather-smoky scent; sort of family member between Capucci pour Homme and Ted Lapidus pour Homme.

CravacheAfterShaveEaudetoilette2.JPG

Last edited:

motorcade

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 21, 2020
Cravache, Robert Piguet. 1963.

Layering After-shave with Eau de toilette. After-shave is of great soothing quality; about the scent, it's a very dry lemon-herbal stuff. Very 60s-70s, in fact. . I'll wear the Eau de toilette in a couple of hours; more to come.

EDIT the Eau de toilette is absolutely great. It's a dry lemon-herbal-leather-smoky scent; sort of family member between Capucci pour Homme and Ted Lapidus pour Homme.

View attachment 242202
Nice! I was considering getting the EdT at one point - and after your positive assessment I'm tempted once again...

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Awesome! Roudnitska’s little discussed gem.
It was a mall scent when released, sold only in Mario Valentino Jeans outlets, which are all gone now.

So I think it was written off back then without being smelled (like A&F or Lucky Jeans), and now remains obscure.

Used to be $20 online for the longest time, because nobody wanted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

. .