Vintage SOTD Thread for January 2022

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
SOTE: Cologne Blanche by Dior

christian-dior-cologne-blanche.jpg

Redfish365

May 5, 2021
Baglietto by Baglietto.
(One of my great loves is for progressive rock and a sub-genre within prog is Italian progressive rock.... especially from the 70s. Much like fragrance from the 70s and 80s, prog rock from back then is so much more interesting than more modern fare. It, like fragrance from yore, is more adventurous, more varied and more delightful than most of today's more saccharine stuff. So because I'm at times quite simple this fragrance, Baglietto, reminds me of a great Italian band called Biglietto Per L'Inferno. As I don't speak Italian the lyrics don't mean anything to me...however, much like opera the vocals are like another instrument and are quite emotional at times. Here's their best album.
)

IMG_20220114_190901.jpg

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Oooh, nice! I'm still eagerly awaiting mine which has seemingly been stuck in Albania for the last 11 days if the tracking is to be believed! So what do you think of this exotic looking fragrance???
Thanks, Redfish365 ! It's a very spicy scent; I like it very much !
BTW, congratulations on Baglietto; I've worn it only once, and it was great. I'll wear it in very little time again.

Redfish365

May 5, 2021
Thanks, Redfish365 ! It's a very spicy scent; I like it very much !
BTW, congratulations on Baglietto; I've worn it only once, and it was great. I'll wear it in very little time again.
Regarding the Baglietto, yes, it was because of your wearing it that I bought it when I saw it for a very reasonable price. It does seem quite obscure as there's scant little info about it and nowhere have I seen any note listing. It has a citric opening... bergamot perhaps? Then white musks maybe? It does change a few times throughout its life...and it lasts a good while. It's fresh and clean. It isn't earth-shattering but it's pleasant enough. I do really like the bottle!

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
One of my great loves is for progressive rock and a sub-genre within prog is Italian progressive rock.... especially from the 70s.

I’m an old “spaghetti rock” man myself. I’ll have to listen to Biglietto per l’Inferno later. (Area remains my fave.) And I may have to try Baglietto, too.

Redfish365

May 5, 2021
I’m an old “spaghetti rock” man myself. I’ll have to listen to Biglietto per l’Inferno later. (Area remains my fave.) And I may have to try Baglietto, too.
Ah! As I've stated elsewhere ~ great minds think alike...
Methinks you'll like both!
Area is quite good....as are a couple dozen more Italian bands that populate my semi-ridiculous cd collection of prog/psych/kraut/hard-rock.
My 3500+ strong collection can be seen here if interested ~ https://rateyourmusic.com/~redfish365
I shifted from vinyl in the late 80s and now wish I hadn't made that mistake.. But c'est la vie...

Latest News